View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Poppy and pups have been admitted to the vet hospital, vet is now certain that it is eclampsia, but they want to watch in case she fits again, she had a total of 4 today and 2 yesterday.

He agreed that probably giving the calcium during labour is what started if off.......they administered it as she whelped at the vets on Friday.

Her temperature was up from yesterday, he was trying to listen to her heart, but she was panting that hard he couldn't hear. He said they will probably give her calcium via a drip, but it has to be done slowly or it can cause her heart to slow down....more problems.

Have to ring at 8.30am in the morning to find out what happens next.

I'm off to the Dr's for my jab at 9am, my fingers are killing me they hurt that much Poppy bit right through my nail and her tooth came out the other side of my finger!!!.....ouch!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 12:26 AM
I've just caught up with this, i'm so sorry about the pups and poor Poppy. I can't believe a vet would give a ACP to a bitch with pups. It is controvertial enough anyway and if some of that was passed in the milk to such young pups, well that can't have been good for them at all. If it can do that much damage to an adult boxer imagine if some of it was passed in the milk to a day old puppy.
I've seen the effect it had on an elderly GR scared or fireworks.

Sending my best wishes that Poppy recovers quickly and all the remaining pups continue to do well, poor things. x
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Oh CC what a nightmare for you! My thoughts are ever with you
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 06:34 AM
I am so sorry to read this.
Hope you get some positive news from the vet's this morning.
Sending my best wishes to dear Poppy, the pups and to you all.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 06:42 AM
i hope poppy is better today,eclampsia is horrible on the bitch,and im glad shes getting treatment for it,but sharon beware sometimes it dries up the milk so get ready to help with the bottle,and i do hope your fingers are ok youv had it rough god bless you and the pups and wee poppy im sending healing thoughts your way,go bless you all,

for you and
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 06:53 AM
Oh dear, I have only just caught this thread,

All my best wishes to you all, I hope all concerned pull through...

And give that vet a good kicking! he should be struck off!

Alex
xx
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 07:23 AM
I have just read this, what a nightmare, I have given acp to one of my lads in the past, he is a big boy (42kilos) but I only give him a quarter of one tablet and thats enough to calm him down, why the vet prescribed 2 tabs is beyond me plus the fact he gave it to a bitch with pups feeding I would definately once everything is settled be contacting the BVA regarding this if I was you. I am praying your girl and pups pull through, please keep us updated.

Mo
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Fingers crossed for Poppy and Pups, blasted vet he should have picked up the eclampsia first and foremost. Hope you make a suitable complaint. Hope your finger is OK too. Thinking of you and if you want help just shout I'm only about an hourish away (unless I get lost lol!)
Becky
ace
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Sending hugs & positive thoughts to you, Poppy & pups.

Rachael
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Sending more positive thoughts to Poppy, pups and you.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »