View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 06:43 AM

Flower poorly do I take her to the vets??

Have woken up this morning to find the kitchen absolutely covered in diarrohea and sick, very runny diarrohea too. She hasnt drunk anything since I woke up this morning and has again been sick twice and is still having diarrohea??? I think I should take her to the vets I am so so very worried, Please can anyone give me any advice???

Thank you xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2007, 06:48 AM
I would ring them and tell them what has happened they will probably say take her in.Could she of eaten anything she shouldn't.Hoping she is ok.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 06:49 AM
If its that severe then I personally would as the vet can check she is not getting dehydrated, there is nothing sinister causing it, and give her something to ease her symptoms and help her feel better.
Just remember whatever you decide do not feed her for 24 hours and then only little and often and something light.
Good luck I hope she feels better soon.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Oh poor thing, I'd take her to the vet, just to be on the safe side, if it's as bad as you say she could be dehydrated, hope she feels better soon, gentle ((hugs)) for the little lady
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Thank you, She is always eating this out of the garden like snails for example, but puppys seem to do things like this i guess! I will ring them when they open at 8.30, Is it a common thing do you think? x
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by annajennison View Post
Thank you, She is always eating this out of the garden like snails for example, but puppys seem to do things like this i guess! I will ring them when they open at 8.30, Is it a common thing do you think? x
Slugs and snails can cause lung and heart worms, I'd get her to the vet and get her checked out, were there any worms in her vomit.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 07:15 AM
If she is only a puppy I would definatly take her puppies become dehydrated very quickly.
Also if she is always eating things she may have eaten a slug that has been treated with slug pellets, or something toxic, which could cause the symptoms you describe. Not trying to alarm you but better to be safe than sorry.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 07:15 AM
I`d get her checked out and also mention the snails etc when you see the vet. Hoping all is well.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Definitely get her to the vet asap. Pups can get dehydrated and go downhill really quickly.

I hope she is ok.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

06-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Hope, by this time, that you have managed to take her to the vet. I am sure the vet will sort things out very quickly.

Big hugs and doggy kisses to her from Loki and me.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >