Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
arbottle
New Member!
Female 

04-07-2007, 04:09 PM

heart problems

My king charles will be 9 this year and she is not quite right cant put my finger on it, I have spoken to my aunt who breeds these she says it sounds like her heart,
When we took her for a walk she started makeing sounds as if she was going to be sick (but was not) then just lay down on the ground and we at to carry her home.
I do not want to put her on heart tablets as I have heard from a few people that once they are on heart tablets there days are few!!
This is our second dog my other dog died at the age of 12 ( always said I would not have another as it breaks your heart when they die)
I would be gratful to anyone who can help
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-07-2007, 04:56 PM
dogs don't have heart attacks like us. their heart reduces it's capacity to pump efficiently.
if he collapses again, look at his tongue and gums, they should be pink, if they're blue or purple he's got heart probs. (this does'nt apply to certain breeds that have naturally dark pigmentation) but it's a good indicator in most breeds.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-07-2007, 06:48 PM
It sounds heart related to me, coughing is 1 of the syptoms.
I would get her checked over, even if she needs meds to support her heart, it isn't always the death sentenace your expecting.
My old girl was on heart med's for 3/4 years, she picked up due to getting the support she needed,a few tablets a day is nothing if it allows them to make the most of what ever time they have left.
B finnally passed with heart failure at that stage there is no more drugs that can help support them, she died due to cardio myopathy, your'll know when its getting closer.
Iknow your scared but there is treatments that can help her, including fish oil's, which helps the circulation / heart mixed with food.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:33 AM
I agree, I would talk to your vet - it's horrible when you suspect they are unwell but, if medication could help her it would be worth it

Wys
x
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:57 AM
I think it would be best to get her checked does sound like it could be to do with her heart bless her.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 09:03 AM
My Cavalier Daisy has been on heart pills for about 5 to 6 years, because they are on pills dot not mean they are at the end of their time, it means they keep going for longer. By what you have said it does sound like it is heart related.
arbottle
New Member!
Female 

06-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Thank you all for your replys it is nice to know there are people out there that are willing to give some time with helpful information