Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Algernon Trust
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-06-2007, 08:56 AM

drug addicted dog help

was out walking with a friend last night with all our dogs in milton keynes and came across a shepherd and a guy the dog has been taken away from druggies and he is having withsdrawal syptoms he has to wear an iron styled mussle as all the others he breaks through he attacks this poor guy who has rescued him if it is not on he attacks trees and anything else that he hallucinates on what hope is there for this poor boy is there anyone that could and would be able to hep this guy out he really is a star for trying and saving this poor shepherds life and i really want to help him and the dog out is there anyone out there that deals with drug addicted dogs
ems
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Algernon Trust View Post
was out walking with a friend last night with all our dogs in milton keynes and came across a shepherd and a guy the dog has been taken away from druggies and he is having withsdrawal syptoms he has to wear an iron styled mussle as all the others he breaks through he attacks this poor guy who has rescued him if it is not on he attacks trees and anything else that he hallucinates on what hope is there for this poor boy is there anyone that could and would be able to hep this guy out he really is a star for trying and saving this poor shepherds life and i really want to help him and the dog out is there anyone out there that deals with drug addicted dogs
ems
have a word with your local police (dog handling section) some of the sniffer dogs can get addicted to the illegal substances they sniff out.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2007, 12:49 PM
My heart goes out to this man and his dog. The only place I can think of that could also help would be Monkey World. They have rescued many chimpanzees who were once photographers props in Spain and Turkey forced to take drugs to keep their aggression levels low. Many have been successfully weaned off the substances and their vets may be able to help or suggest other agencies who can help.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Just on the phone speaking to Lyn Barraclough (my girls breeder) and telling her about this and she says to contact Ainsworth Homoepathic, you can google them. also ask them for Mark Elliott's phone number or e mail. Mark used to be her homeopathic vet and if you mention her name and that she was the lady with the falabella horses down Titchfield Mill, it will help as a referral. Lyn says he is the St Francis of the animal kingdom today
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Isn't that terribly sad. Poor dog. Hope someone can assist this guy ....
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi Jane the first place I would seek help would be the vets.

Maybe this dog could be given some mild form of sedation while its body adjusts to the lack of drugs.
Algernon Trust
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

27-06-2007, 03:02 PM
have just got back from the vets as the guys vet would not see the dog we have done blood tests and mri no brain damage our vet says that they can see only time will tell he said no epilepsy or such things no tumours so we wait for the results on the bloods will keep you guys posted and will get hold of that mark guy thanks hopefully he can try and do something with this poor boy
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Before I got Max he had lived with a heroin addict for just over four years, before the Police and RSPCA confiscated him due to health reasons.

Luckily this guy had never given Max any drugs, just never feed him regularly or ever took him out. His life revolved around this one bedroom flat; and as he was never feed the correct food or exercised he now has calcified rear joints.

Max’s diet used to consist of McDonalds burgers, Kebabs and any other leftovers that he could find around the house after this guy had past out. When I first brought Max home from the kennels it was all he could do to walk 150 yards without his rear legs starting to cause him some pain. Now after loads of TLC and having the correct diet and loads of exercise he is now full of life. His only visible signs of his past life is when he walks, as he has this sort of bulldog posture due to his joints.

What I would do concerning this GSd is contact either your local airport and ask to speak to the dog unit in customs or the MOD’s Military Working Dog Support Unit.

Below is a link for them:

http://www.army.mod.uk/102brigade/10...pport_unit.htm

I hope that helps and please tell this guy that we are all behind him on this one and to be patience as it’s not dogs fault he is like that.

Colin
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2007, 04:42 PM
just incredibly sad and truly hope that this guy can help this poor dog.

arent some people horrible beyond belief ???
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
Before I got Max he had lived with a heroin addict for just over four years, before the Police and RSPCA confiscated him due to health reasons.

Luckily this guy had never given Max any drugs, just never feed him regularly or ever took him out. His life revolved around this one bedroom flat; and as he was never feed the correct food or exercised he now has calcified rear joints.

Max’s diet used to consist of McDonalds burgers, Kebabs and any other leftovers that he could find around the house after this guy had past out. When I first brought Max home from the kennels it was all he could do to walk 150 yards without his rear legs starting to cause him some pain. Now after loads of TLC and having the correct diet and loads of exercise he is now full of life. His only visible signs of his past life is when he walks, as he has this sort of bulldog posture due to his joints.

What I would do concerning this GSd is contact either your local airport and ask to speak to the dog unit in customs or the MOD’s Military Working Dog Support Unit.

Below is a link for them:

http://www.army.mod.uk/102brigade/10...pport_unit.htm

I hope that helps and please tell this guy that we are all behind him on this one and to be patience as it’s not dogs fault he is like that.

Colin
Thank goodness he now has a lovely life with you Colin.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >