Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
Hi
i have just got one it turned up today so iwill be trying it out on my jrts and prts so will let you now how i go if i can get a pic i will do and will post.

wish me luck ...lol

sam
You could also use it on your Lab too, is it a Yellow Lab you have?
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 05:33 AM
I bought one on the recommendation of our groomer who uses it religiously. My dog is a border collie mix. She had long guard hairs and thick undercoat. Moxie was a shedding fiend, we're talking tumbleweeds of hair, daily vacuming. A regular brush wasn't cutting it. The Furminator took out most if not all of Moxies loose undercoat in under an hour with no damage to her topcoat. It has cut grooming time overall 80% and has cut shedding 90% about. I hightly recommend it! My dog has sensitive skin, the wire brushes irritate her skin, but the Furminator didn't bother her at all.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
You could also use it on your Lab too, is it a Yellow Lab you have?

i have a fox red lab hun. i now not that common ...lol

well i went of taz last night and this is what i got off him in 5 mins.

sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 09:16 PM
i will also be trying it out on y mums lab who is 2yrs he is due for a good brush so no time like now to try on a bigger dog......lol
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I considered buying one when a friend recommended them. However I found they were just WAY too expensive. Maybe it's only the stores here, but they wanted about $70 for this brush. They seem as if they would be sharp (Greyhound skin tears very easily, and so Jenny has fear of brushes that are even slightly sharp.) After examining both brushes, I oped out for a Kong Zoom Groom.

I could not possibly be more impressed with the Zoom Groom. From the videos I've seen of the Furminator and from the fur I've seen comeing out of Jenny from the Zoom Groom I'd say the Zoom groom works better then the furminator. But I can't say this for sure because I've never tried a furminator on Jenny.

I have some questions though: Has anyone with a greyhound tried the Furminator? I'm curious because of how sharp it appears and how it seems more suited to thicker coated breeds then thin coated Greyhounds. Opinions?

Second: Other then the regular brush, has anyone tried the groomer's treatment. Where they use the lots of furminator products?

Sorry if this is getting off topic but...: Has anyone tried their De-Shedding treats? Sounds like a gimmick to me, but they'd definetly be handy if they work!
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 02:40 AM
Ive used the zoom groom too, on the cats, and I would say it works as well on the cats as the furminator works on the dog. But the zoom groom wouldnt work on my dog.
rottlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-06-2007, 06:49 AM
well ive used the furminator on great pyrenees and it works great.. i find if the dog has curly hair it doesnt work.. alot of ppl i know have used the furminator most with GSD and huskies.
hint for you ppl looking for the furminator try googling it and you cna find some for under 30bucks
justinb
New Member!
Male 

07-07-2007, 09:07 PM
We have one which I use both on our short-haired cat and our medium-coated Malinois x GSD.

The dog thinks it's a "You comb me and I bite you!" game !

I find it excellent in Spain's hot climate, as it removes undercoat and has virtually no effect on the top coat.

Only problem is our cat looks half as big !! (But many fewer furballs!)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2