View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 02:22 PM
I hope its not as bad as you think, good luck!
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Hi again, I am sorry you took it so personally. There are many breeders out there who actually do care about their dogs, I know a few of them, and i certainly didn't mean to point my finger at yours. It's just the whole system in general that is to blame, using a champion stud over and over, and then for most breeds now the stud books are closed, meaning no new blood can be added. So as they are all so closely related this means sooner or later the hidden gene is going to arise causing lots of problems and heartache for the people involved.

Wasn't trying to get on at you or your breeder, i am just sad about how to whole system works and how we have lost health and longevity to breed specific looking dogs.

If I put the question to you: would you rather have lots of scruffy dogs running about that were all different looking and specifically chosen because they were healthy and lived a long time, OR what we have now, genetically speaking 'rare breeds' that follow specific markings and height and conformation, but riddled with health problems and live a short time?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by jess
Hi again, I am sorry you took it so personally. There are many breeders out there who actually do care about their dogs, I know a few of them, and i certainly didn't mean to point my finger at yours. It's just the whole system in general that is to blame, using a champion stud over and over, and then for most breeds now the stud books are closed, meaning no new blood can be added. So as they are all so closely related this means sooner or later the hidden gene is going to arise causing lots of problems and heartache for the people involved.

Wasn't trying to get on at you or your breeder, i am just sad about how to whole system works and how we have lost health and longevity to breed specific looking dogs.

If I put the question to you: would you rather have lots of scruffy dogs running about that were all different looking and specifically chosen because they were healthy and lived a long time, OR what we have now, genetically speaking 'rare breeds' that follow specific markings and height and conformation, but riddled with health problems and live a short time?
I know this is none of my business, but I don't think it's fair on Jessica to be asking these questions when she's having to cope with the news that her dog could be really sick. Lets just all cross our fingers and leave the genetics for another day.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Please dont turn this thread into a debate, i cant deal with discussions about the rights and wrongs of breeding. I have enough to worry about at the moment, just the fear of losing my puppy under anaesthetic is bad enough and im absolutely dreading the result!

If you want a debate, fine, go elsewhere and do it. This is my thread about my beautiful little baby who could well be terminally ill, i really dont want people asking me questions about the ethics of breeding right now.

Thank you to everyone else for your support. Lilah has just had her last meal for tonight (no food after 6!) and is fast asleep on my bed with Riley. She seems oblivious to whats going on
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Best of luck for tomorrow Jessica, hope everything goes well. I have just lost a dog of my own, I know how worrying it is when they are poorly.
Dawn.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Fingers crossed for tomorrow Jessica lets hope the news is better than anticipated
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Good luck tomorrow Jessica, hope everything goes well and Dehlila is back home with you soon fit and well.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Wish you well for tomorrow
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Positive vibes coming to you and Delilah for tomorrow xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 07:02 PM
awwww bless her, she's fast asleep on your bed now, that's what I like to hear! Got everything x'd for you and Lilah for tomorrow that it's better news than you're envisaging, keep thinking positive!
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »