Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2023, 07:07 AM

Good Fryday Friday 7th April 2023

Morning all Happy Good Friday to you all. Hope you all have a good one. Off out for my usual wander along the sand if the tide is still out.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2023, 08:17 AM
My walk along the beach was amazing so I thought I would share it with you. First I found a five pound note. No one around so yep I kept it. I then started to walk along the sand and met a lovely Cavalier who said hello and had a cuddle with it, his name was Bertie he was 7 months old. Further along on my walk I saw my lady that has a groenendael. He ran up to meet me and then sat on my feet. The lady had a friend from america with her and her dog who eventually said hello, the dog not the lady although she did say hello. I then carried on my way to the large mound of rocks and made my way back. I stopped to mop my eyes, I wasn't crying just watery eyes as the sun was lovely. I then felt something touch my leg and it was a small mottled brown dachshund. I said hello to it and then it went back to its owner. I carried on my way home and found a stone that was different colours and it had what looked like a cats face on it. Just thought I would share this experience with you all. It has made my morning.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2023, 09:43 AM
Good Morning all and Happy Easter Friday to you all

Brenda what a lovely post and wonderful morning you have had so far. I on occasion pick up stones that catch my attention. Nice mixture of dog suspect the nicer weather and people taking breaks as well is your beach dog friendly all year?

Chris So to catch up and read Rosie has been back to the vets hope its a blip that can be overcome. Suspect you will be over run with seasonal visitors as well soon. Hope Gary's dentist appointment went well I may of missed it but thoughts sent all the same.

Sue I am sure you run on Duracell batteries hope the granddaughter are enjoying having their little sister and mom here and they are making the most of it. Did she get a bus pass? Looks like maybe a couple of nice days for laying the sand on the slab's.

Lynn Sorry to read Freya has been under the weather. Will try to catch up when I an get a minute to myself.

Griff Having the operation cancelled is a bit of a bummer, a good friend of mine is due his hernia op and hopefully blood clots and DVT stent sorted tomorrow hope he does not get cancelled he has had pre op and MRSA tests etc he has been waiting for a good while and off work 6 months

Have a good day all off into the garden again later and then may even sit outside and read if the weather holds had the work washing on the line at 6.15 am this morning and then went back to bed
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2023, 11:10 AM
Good afternoon Brenda and Kazz

Such a lovely post Brenda and so pleased you really enjoyed your walk with all the dogs running up to greet you.

Enjoy your day Kazz

Hope dental appointment went well for Gary Chris

Sunny here after an early frost. Teazle walked and have spent the morning filling the block paving drive with sand. Had to get another two as stupidly I though one would be enough. Have 3/4 bag left but that will fill-in the patio at the back once I have power washed that. Barry did help a bit but had to keep stopping as his back ached. Haifdresser this afternoon and then nothing

The girls are enjoying having mum around even though she is trying to organise their lives. They came round yesterday evening and I was worried about the youngest and Teazle but she was oh so gentle with her and Teazle loved her and kept following her around. It was lovely to watch. At her age now she doesn't like noise, she is alright with fireworks and thunder but shouting is a no no.

Take care everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2023, 01:01 PM
Good afternoon all

A mix of sunshine and cloud but the gentle northerly was blooming cold.

Your morning walk today sounds lovely Brenda. So many surprises and friends.

The dentists was a washout. Had problems finding a parking space. My foot was killing me all the way there and back to the car and when we got there, the dentist said that they had only given him a 10 minute appointment slot and it should have been an hour. So back on the 5th of May. However, me thinks Dave will be roped in as chauffeur for that one then he can drop us off and pick us back up at the door
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2023, 04:04 PM
Good late afternoon, brnda, Kazz, Sue, Chris and all to follow.
It has been a lovely sunny day here washing went out on the line, Bev came round for a cuppa and then did some tidying when she left.
Gorden is Freya sitting today, we managed to get some eggs and paints and they have been doing that today and they have been in the garden.
Freya is so much better now thank goodness.

brenda your walk sounds lovely.
Kazz good to see you. I hope your friend's operation does not get cancelled.
Sue another busy but productive day. So lovely Teazle gets on with the Grandchildren, can't blame an elderly lady for disliking shouting.
Chris what a nightmare regarding the dentist appointment.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2023, 06:52 PM
Kazz, your friend should be o.k I think, if his hospital is like ours, the nurses don't strike so as long as he gets the surgery, he should be looked after.
Brenda, sounds like a lovely walk
Chris, sorry the dentist didn't go well
Sue, pleased teazle and your youngest granddaughter are friends
Lynn, sounds like Gorden and Freya have had a lovely day
I can barely walk, I over did it somewhat, I jet washed the top and bottom patios, it was harder work than I thought! Had a shower to ease my back and get the mud and slime off me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2023, 07:02 PM
Granddad and Freya had a lovely day. As they always do, she loves her Granddad.

Goodness griff take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2023, 07:14 PM
I will Lynn, nice easy day for me tomorrow! Seeing geek boy tomorrow afternoon.....more car hunting...oh joy! He has found a mini and he likes it because it has a union jack with a zip down the side...bless him, think I have talked him out of it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2023, 10:02 PM
Evening all fantastic day here cut up the remaining artificial grass into small pieces i.e. manageable 4ft x 3ft or 4ftx4ft approx rolled tied up and took all 18 pieces to the skip filled the car poor Percy Panda.

Also brought new turf lugged it into car then out again. three journeys as can only just about get 8 rolls into the car without squashing it, came home coffee and laid the new turf on to the prepared ground 24 rolls of turf later also refreshed the wooden sleeper edging with black Cuprinol ducksback the edging and plan to continue tomorrow with the raised beds finally into the house had beef stroganoff and now going to bed God knows what my back will be like tomorrow but complete with the last section of lawn.

Glad you have all had a nice day