View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Jackie I am so sorry to hear this about Bandit. Such devastating news.
Big, big hugs to you xx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Im so very sorry to hear your news on Bandit. What a shock this must have been for you. I send you strength and love for the coming weeks and what ever the future may hold. Take care. xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:17 PM
So sorry Jackie
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Poor Bandit spoil him rotten for the time he has left,as i'm sure you willxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm absolutely devastated for you Jackie, your dear old lad, so sudden and such a shock to you all. I absolutely know that he will be loved and cherished just as he always has been until you have to say goodbye to this dear old friend. Typed with tears for you Jackie, be strong, I know you would never let him suffer, but let's just hope you have quite some time with him, we'll all wish that for you.xxxxx
pam
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Worst possible news..........

My boy has an aggressive bone cancer in his leg!!

Cant talk yet!
Nothing i can say can make it all better for you and your darling bandit,As i said on the phone im so,so sorry jackie I know you will take it a day at a time and only have bandits welfare in mind.Totally devestated for your boy if you need me you know where i amxxxxxx
((((((((hugs))))))))for the old boy
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words, and the lovely PM`s, they are all very much appreciated,

Once again, Dogsey shows what its made of , lovely people who care about others and their dogs.

I`ve picked yours out to respond to H, because to respond to all the posts would take me forever, and the highlighted is in your post is relevant .

There is nothing the vet can do, the tumor is to aggressive and has eaten to far into the bone .

All options such as amputation /chemo and so on are out..1) because he is to old, and 2) I wont put him through all that .

At the moment, My vet cant see any secondaries, but thats not to say there is none,

Basically we are giving him palliative care, pain relief for as long as it is relevant.

We will take it day by day, and monitor his reaction, the day he cant take any more is the day we will call it a day.

thank you all again for your support, something tells me, I will need a bit more int he weeks/months coming.
I'm so sorry JB.

I hope he remains bright and pain free for as long as possible and know that you will make the most of your time together.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:29 PM
So sorry to hear this news x
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Cant believe your news, came right out of the blue. Poor boy

The only advice i can give you is to do what we are doing. Take each day as it comes & dont try to look beyond it.

Big hugs from us.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words, and the lovely PM`s, they are all very much appreciated,

Once again, Dogsey shows what its made of , lovely people who care about others and their dogs.

I`ve picked yours out to respond to H, because to respond to all the posts would take me forever, and the highlighted is in your post is relevant .

There is nothing the vet can do, the tumor is to aggressive and has eaten to far into the bone .

All options such as amputation /chemo and so on are out..1) because he is to old, and 2) I wont put him through all that .

At the moment, My vet cant see any secondaries, but thats not to say there is none,

Basically we are giving him palliative care, pain relief for as long as it is relevant.

We will take it day by day, and monitor his reaction, the day he cant take any more is the day we will call it a day.

thank you all again for your support, something tells me, I will need a bit more int he weeks/months coming.
awfully sorry to hear this news Jackie you must be devastated. Sending you huge hugs and i truly hope Bandit stays stable for the time being
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »