Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 08:30 PM

.....and snails and puppy-dog tails!

Parker went out for last thing at night widdles in the garden on Monday night. When he came back in he was walking on 3 legs and holding his front left leg at right angles to his body and waving it in the air. I shouldn't have laughed but he looked so funny-just like he was doing doggy ballet or something!

I thought "Oh he's got a stone in between his paw-pads and is trying to dislodge it" so I grabbed hold of his paw and something jelly-like plopped onto the palm of my hand-it was a large slug that had got wedged there! Yuk!

I screamed "AAAH PARKER!" and he got scared and backed away from me. I dropped the slug on the floor and got some kitchen roll and returned it where it belonged-outside!

It was funny-but not at the time as I really do not have an affinity with creepy-crawlies of any sort.

Thanks for reading-hope your dogs don't bring you gross things like this?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 10:29 PM
ewww! i worry about Jake standing on slugs but mainly coz i dont want him to kill them i bet Parker was confused about what was happening to his paw!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Aw, that made me laugh so much! I just have an image in my head of the poor pup Hillarious.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-09-2010, 11:43 PM
That made me laugh too! Poppy brought one in too once (a small one but that's enough to make me screetch!!) it was on her ear and she was rolling around the floor like a loony and I couldn't figure out what was wrong, and like you... my reaction when I saw the slug could have been a bit better because that confused her even more!! Glad I am not the only one!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 05:28 AM
PMSL poor Parker. and poor you YUK!!!!