Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Mine have all walked out of the surgery and hopped up into my estate car no problem.
If your worried I am sure one of the nurses will come and help you get her in gently.
Good luck to you both, try not to worry (easy to say I know) but the majority come home are a bit sleepy that evening and then back to normal the next day. That leaves you wishing they still felt a little poorly so they would rest
Thanks Bev. I know I am being silly but you do worry about the littlest things don't you?
I hope your right, am sure you are but it's just that I have read a few threads on here lately about dogs crying and screaming in pain. Oh dear....here I go again
Elaine xx
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Just been catching up on your thread on this. Glad she is ok now though
Elaine xx
Hi Elaine
A quick update so hopefully it will help you feel better.
They crying went on until 2am then with exhaustion She just crashed into a deep sleep and got up the next morning like nothing had happened!
Having spoken to the vet again after he said she could have been hallucination from the anestetic which is why she was moaning so much. But like I said before - of my 3 dogs this is the first time I experiened this. The others just slept if off.

The harder part has been trying to keep her calm this past week and not to over do it - YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Hope your's goes well
Victoria x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by pupsandpets View Post
Hi Elaine
A quick update so hopefully it will help you feel better.
They crying went on until 2am then with exhaustion She just crashed into a deep sleep and got up the next morning like nothing had happened!
Having spoken to the vet again after he said she could have been hallucination from the anestetic which is why she was moaning so much. But like I said before - of my 3 dogs this is the first time I experiened this. The others just slept if off.

The harder part has been trying to keep her calm this past week and not to over do it - YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Hope your's goes well
Victoria x
Aww Thanks Victoria
I'm glad she settled in the end.
That's what I am worried about, keeping her quiet

Elaine xx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm sure Poppy will be fine Will be thinking of you both on Wednesday x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I'm sure Poppy will be fine Will be thinking of you both on Wednesday x

Thanks Lou will need all the vibes, not so much for Poppy but me I am a right wuss

Elaine xxx
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Aaaawww Hi Elaine

Try not to worry hun, she will be fine........the hardest part is trying to keep a collie calm and quiet easier said than done When Skye was spayed, like you, i was worried to the point i thought i was going to be sick
Well.........you would never have known she had just had an op at all she wasn't affected by the anaesthetic after and was bouncy and wide awake raring to go
Remember to have a T Shirt handy to put on her so you don't have to use a "lampshade" she will be more comfortable, but won't be able to nip at her stitches

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))) to you both

Jann
XXXXX
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
Aaaawww Hi Elaine

Try not to worry hun, she will be fine........the hardest part is trying to keep a collie calm and quiet easier said than done When Skye was spayed, like you, i was worried to the point i thought i was going to be sick
Well.........you would never have known she had just had an op at all she wasn't affected by the anaesthetic after and was bouncy and wide awake raring to go
Remember to have a T Shirt handy to put on her so you don't have to use a "lampshade" she will be more comfortable, but won't be able to nip at her stitches

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))) to you both

Jann
XXXXX
Thanks for that Jann, the T shirt is a really good idea, I hate those lampshade things, there downright dangerous. I remember when our Jake had one, my shins!!!!!!!

Elaine xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Today's the day Spare a thought for us today!!!

Well don't know about Poppy but I haven't slept one wink
I am so nervous it's unreal!!! My stomache is in knots, I have never ever been like this before. Mind you, the only other bitch was Cassie my CS and her op was done as an emergency so I didn't have time to dwell

She keeps coming over to me....I know what she wants, she wants a drink cruel mummy, bad mummy...she doesn't understand why her routine has gone out the window.

We have to be at the vets for about 8.30 so as soon as son has gone to day centre I will phone for a taxi.
need all your vibes until she is home safe and sound.

Elaine xxxxxx
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Thinking of you Elaine and sending all our good vibes.
Hope it goes okay - I'm sure she'll be fine.
Hopefully she will just be sleepy when she comes home which is totally normal.

Keep your chin up
Victoria x x x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Good luck with Poppy today, she will be fine!

Thinking of you both xx
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »