Female 

09-08-2005, 09:17 PM
That is fine hevvur but that is my opinion and i am intitled to it
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-08-2005, 09:18 PM
we always do behave its you that norty!
well just incase any one wants to know the avarage price for a leo is £900 some do charge £1000.
i think mys is right to tell them to go to a club forum as they can give the info needed to go with the breed.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Archer I am sorry if I am mistaking your post ok

But really if your friend is really interested then it is always good to talk to the breeders of any breed you are interested in to find out more
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 09:20 PM
I just think it's better to talk with breeders rather than hope for random price offerings given on a forum
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 09:23 PM
i went on quite a few forums and couldnt find out a price for a breed i wanted . i know i friend of mine wanted akita she didnt have much savings to lay out so wanted to know a price so she could see if she could afford one ,she couldnt in the end . but it took her ages to get a straight answer from people and that was talking to breeders . she was embarased to ring up about a puupy then have to ask the price and say sorry i cant afford that .many breeders in my experiance think if you dont have the cash there and then you cant afford a dog

no offence meant to anyone i never ever mean to offend
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Well I know many breeders who are friendly and will discuss all aspects of the dogs, but of course if a persons first question is 'how much'! many will find that not only odd but worrying.

Archer mentioned her friend going to the N.I.D show, that would be a great idea They could learn lots more and perhaps talk about cost too!
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 09:30 PM
i can understand that ,, my friend can afford a dog she didnt have much in the 3way of savings . .. so initial price was important to her , she ended up with one from a rescue and couldnt be happier .
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

09-08-2005, 09:31 PM
I think it's ok for people to ask prices, well we are a forum, where people 'can' ask all sorts of things.

However I have been alerted to another thread and am watching that too, so lets not let things spill into other threads ok. Remember we can all have opinions and they can differ but we aim to stay friends at the end of it all - thats what makes us special, it's what makes you special.

zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 09:32 PM
That's fine
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2005, 09:34 PM
A few points spring to mind on this one.

Firstly, the old saying "if you have to ask the price you can't afford it" - whatever the price is, you must be able to calculate pretty accurately what the costs of keep will be over a year, divide that by 12 or 52 and you get the cost per month or week. Put that aside until you can afford to make the purchse. In this way, you also know the true financial impact of having the dog and know that you can afford it (or not)

Also, if you want something badly enough and you KNOW you can afford the upkeep, you will have it regardless of the purchase price..... that is only a "one-off payment, after all. When I bought Polo I didn't know how much he was until I got the chequebook out and asked the breeder how much to make it out for. He happened to be the cheapest I have ever bought!

If someone rang me about a puppy and the first question was price, I wouldn't sell them one on principle unless they were VERY convincing about the reasons why. I found that most people hung up on price would rather buy one from a puppy farm than from a breeder who had raised the litter properly and produced healthy, tested, microchipped and vaccinated puppies from proven stock in good conditions. I didn't want that sort of owner for my puppies.

Please note this is NOT meant to be a dig at your friend, it is simply my personal opinion and as I get older I get crabbier!

Gill
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »