View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

03-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
I would assume this is something to do with it; http://www.veggies.org.uk/event.php?ref=30

i love how they reckon working dogs are slaves, you give me a high drive working dog and take away it's job, now THAT is cruelty! honestly, being passionate about something is fine, but at least research it properly and without bias first! BUT they are starting the demo AFTER the dogs have gone in so hopefully they'll be no egg throwing- hopefully! none of that 'sneak in, open all the cages and let the dogs escape and be ~*~*free*~*~ and get run over' sh*t.. be careful all of you taking your dogs wont you

the mutant and i are going to bed now oh but wait hes a rescue, i guess he must be okay!
Ive got a high drive working dog and yes Ive taken away its job - bloody good job I did or she would of been pts! So yeah go on and tell me Im cruel - go on please explain to me how I am being cruel. Oh and also tell me where any of these protestors have advocated releasing dogs from cheir cages and getting run over!

I take it you have not taken away your dogs job then?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Ive got a high drive working dog and yes Ive taken away its job - bloody good job I did or she would of been pts! So yeah go on and tell me Im cruel - go on please explain to me how I am being cruel. Oh and also tell me where any of these protestors have advocated releasing dogs from cheir cages and getting run over!
I had an email that said protestors intended to release dogs from cars and/or benches if they could.
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 11:16 PM
I dont have any concern over organisations like Animal Aid and EVANA as they will most likely protest peacefully. My concern is that the Animal Liberation Front have said they are attending, they have been known for releasing animals and more.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

03-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I had an email that said protestors intended to release dogs from cars and/or benches if they could.
Who from? Can you copy a link that it was from a legitimate source please
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2009, 11:19 PM
It's fine, i'll take me a rocking chair and shotgun with me to the NEC and just sit hillbilly style in wait
Really, as a younger member of society I feel ashamed if this lot are helping make up the next generation of our race!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Hi Kizzy, if you are one of the 'right minded dog owners who really care about dogs' I hope you are campaigning equally vociferously about puppy farmers .

..and how about campaigning to abolish 'ecollars', unless I am much mistaken I think you will have heard of those ..
spot
Dogsey Veteran

03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
It's fine, i'll take me a rocking chair and shotgun with me to the NEC and just sit hillbilly style in wait
Really, as a younger member of society I feel ashamed if this lot are helping make up the next generation of our race!

Not sure I understand - help me out here you are against peaceful protesting (which is all that is being suggested at the moment) but feel its fine to shoot people?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Kizzy, if you are one of the 'right minded dog owners who really care about dogs' I hope you are campaigning equally vociferously about puppy farmers .

..and how about campaigning to abolish 'ecollars', unless I am much mistaken I think you will have heard of those ..
Do you know that she isnt? Or are you saying that because I campaign against certain practises in the dog world I ignore the horrors that go on in others?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by spot View Post
Who from? Can you copy a link that it was from a legitimate source please
No way Im saying where it came from, but suffice to say, those people that have recieved one are exhibitors, so their addies may of come from results sites, their wording included:

“A dead dog is better than a show dog”

Whether or not its true or a hoax, Ill not take a chance, many extremists are completley idiotic and will do anything to gain attention.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

Yes yes, clearly I would shoot someone
And clearly humour is missing this evening!
Im really not quite getting where this illusion of peaceful protesting is coming from? Pelting dogs and owners with things? Releasing from benches? Releasing from cars? Verbally abusing non-dog showing members of the public attending?*as I was informed from a trusted source as they had been previously informed*
Yes, its all very peaceful
Page 6 of 19 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »