Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by catg274
Her favourite game is chasing either ice cubes or grapes round the dining room!
Kingsley loves ice cubes and grapes too!!
Teagan can't get the hang of either of them! lol
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2005, 11:29 PM
max will eat anything and everything
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-01-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Luna loves veggies, and I had actually thought about adding veggies to her kibble..... But I've been told it needs to be blended and I dont have a blender
Jeanette, you can cook the veg (steam or boil until just tender) and then mash it up with an old-fashioned potato masher.
Junkers
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-01-2005, 09:52 PM
well my family's Dog popeye eats anything apart from sprouts but i think his favourite veggies are corrots and peas he just loves them no1 has ever got him in to trouble for this but as my mum says " veggies make you strong like arnie ".
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Jeanette, you can cook the veg (steam or boil until just tender) and then mash it up with an old-fashioned potato masher.
Ah hadnt thought of that... But wont the vitamines be destroyed if I boil or steam?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-01-2005, 12:31 AM
To some extent they will be. However, when wild carnivores eat the contents of a prey animal's intestines one would assume that those contents have been 'cooked' to some degree by the action of digestive enzymes and juices. If you boil the veg you can always use the water in which it has cooked, and which will contain some of the vitamins & minerals, to moisten her dry food.

Mashed, cooked, veg is probably better than no veg at all and if you are feeding a complete food that should contain all the necessary vitamins anyway. The veg would just be an extra because she likes it.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Ah yes I see

Might just try and give her some, next time I have veggies, and see what she thinks

Thanks SB
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2005, 09:18 AM
I just put all my veg through a food processor so they are VERY finely chopped.I also add offal and heart into the processor once the vegges are done to make a nice tasty meal.
I tried a juicer....didn't get on with it.It does make the veges into a nice mush but its so slow!!!!!!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3