Our sister sites
Our sister sites
loretta25
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-07-2006, 10:59 PM

polly keeps tryin it on

ok, heres my other baby, shes polly, i got her when she was one

but i have a problem, shes displaying all kinds of courtship rituals with me, i cant get her out of her cage without her trying it on...lol

has anyone had a similar problem, if so how did they deal with it? its got to the point where no one in the family can come near me.

its funny at the moment, but i know its affecting my decision to let her out because i cant get things done with her hanging off me every second attacking my family...
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 11:02 PM
ha ha aww poor lad. He is lovely
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 11:04 PM
aww bless sorry i cant offer any advice but im sure someone will be along to answer your questions and try and help you sort it out
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Jackie would be the best one to ask,but if you introduced a mate-surely that would detract attention from you???

lol-must be funny though having a birdie bodyguard!
loretta25
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-07-2006, 11:12 PM
lol, it is funny, and i love her to bits, my family think its hilarious, its a running joke,...but im sure she must be bursting..lol...i didnt really want to go the mating route, as i do know that the mating season for parrots is in may or around there, so i was kinda hoping it would be over by now, but its not..lol, but thanks for your help anyway
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-07-2006, 09:18 PM
its better to be loved than attacked.
isn't she an amazon? i know some one who has 1 and her male is the same all her and not keen on others.
not sure about another bird..... might fight for your attention.
what about others letting her out without you around so she can form a bond with them? might even up the scales a bit.

sky my grey still likes my son more tahn us but she will come to us and won't attack.