Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2008, 05:23 PM

People selling Alaskan Malamute or not?

Just been surfing the net as I do and was on pets4homes and I was suprised to see quiet a few Alaskan Malamute being sold not suprise to see the breed itself being sold but at the difference in the dogs all supposed to be k.c reg?
Some to me looked like different breeds..just wonder if there is different lines or types?
And if you guy thought there was a big difference? and if they were all mals or some of them were x's or different breeds?
Thanks

Pictures removed - advertising another site
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 05:28 PM
I am no expert but photo 1,2 and 4 look like the real deal to me - correct me if wrong folks!!

The others arent what i thought a Malamute was - they look more like NI's to me.

Will be interesting to see what the experts think!!
Where are you all??!!
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Intresting...I was thinking 1 & 4!
2 mal x shiba?
3,5, & 6 mabe N.I s
Just my opin...Im No expert either!
The first one is stunning thats my favourite!!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Intresting...I was thinking 1 & 4!
2 mal x shiba?
3,5, & 6 mabe N.I s
Just my opin...Im No expert either!
The first one is stunning thats my fave!!!
Yes love the first one, my favourite too.
Where are the experts today, lol?!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 05:53 PM
OK IMO 1, 2 4,6 are definately Malamutes 2 the ears are a bit close but nice size.this could be a young dog as the head widens as they get older.4 by the looks is verging on a long coat, 3 has a wide muzzle but could be a young dog and head not fully developed but also the angle of the camera is doing it no favours, and 5 also seem to be out of coat, in fact looks like a bitch that has just had a litter?the ears arnt great, but 5 "could" but I am not sure be a cross IMO more sibi looking. 6 is a mal just the angle of the shot effecting the look, and once again looks like a young dog IMO. I have taken pics this bad of my lot and when you really see them there is no mistake they are mals.

Yes there is a quite a difference depending on the breeding, malamutes have quite a wide range of facial markings from open face to full mask, they also come ina range of colours, from a very light silver grey to Black and white. and the reds have a wide range from very light to a deep almost mahogany red. the problem is so many are now breeding poor specimens, dogs that should really be PET quality, due to poor angulation, substance, inadequate bone, too large ears etc that the differences within the breed are growing. when you see a well bred mal you KNOW its a mal.

Mo

edited to add I will "try to get some good and bad shots of mine so that you can see what a difference, and how deceptive the camera angle can be.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 05:55 PM
1, 2 and 4 definately are. (4 looks like Cruiser LOL) 2 looks different because he is seal/white

3, 5 and 6 are a bit hard to tell..the ears look rather big..but they could be young and not grown into them yet..

However..YES there are different types and lines in mals..and they do differ but they still LOOK like Mals..

Edited to add: Mo answered quicker than I did LOL

Personally the fact they are advertised in that site screams DON'T BUY THEM to me..
GOOD breeders don't need to advertise their dogs in there!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 05:58 PM
I thought 3 & 5 looked a bit odd.. but Im no expert
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2008, 06:03 PM
louise - i thought the same when i saw number 4 -reminds me of yours

absolutely stunning dog number 4 - def the look i'd go for if i was to ever get a p/b mal x
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 06:03 PM
I think 3 looks like a young Mal...

But 5 looks Sibey....

NOt commenting on 6 cos the pic is the wrong way around LOL
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 06:08 PM
lol ok this is a really bad picture of our Timber lol dont ask me what he was doing lol

this is him normally, at about the same age.

mo
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >