Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dervel
Dogsey Junior

25-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Oh you work with dogs do you Dervil!!!
All animals can be a dangerous and unpredictable if not handled correctly
Come to think of it that can apply to some humans too ...

Yes I do, do you?
I find the idea of a violently dangerous mouse, slightly amusing

I also find it intresting, that because I have similar views to Doglistener, there must be a conspiracy, intresting theory!!!!

Well the old saying goes "Your never alone with Schizophrenia"
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Dervel

Well the old saying goes "Your never alone with Schizophrenia"
Nope, you're not. I have loads of friends
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

25-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Please stay on topic all I've just had to delete about 5 posts from the last 2 or 3 pages that went off topic - remember the only place we can go off topic on a thread is in the General Chit Chat section.

Getting back to the topic, Now that Derval has mentioned it, I can actually see the point he is trying to make, correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that under the circumstances the lady behaved out of charcter and would not normally have done so?

Without actually trying to pinpoint why she did, but I think some of the reasons are plausible: stress, fear, self-confidence etc

jmo.
(p.s obvioulsy if you was willingly being a nasty-pasty then tut tut to her!)
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Yes I do, do you?
Dervel, you've not exactly told us much about yourself, have you? I've no idea where you're from, what dogs you have, what your experiences are. How are we to know you work with animals? You've not answered the posts asking if you're behaviourist and what work you do - both questions posted in good faith.

I also find it intresting, that because I have similar views to Doglistener, there must be a conspiracy, intresting theory!!!!
This does happen on fora, quite often for some reason. I run a rather boring archaeology list which was inundated a couple of years ago by a single guy who posted back and forth as different members, just agreeing with himself each time and criticising others - he didn't realise his IP and server were the same each time, poor fellow.

Becs
Dervel
Dogsey Junior

26-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Archaeopath
Dervel, you've not exactly told us much about yourself, have you? I've no idea where you're from, what dogs you have, what your experiences are. How are we to know you work with animals? You've not answered the posts asking if you're behaviourist and what work you do - both questions posted in good faith.

This does happen on fora, quite often for some reason. I run a rather boring archaeology list which was inundated a couple of years ago by a single guy who posted back and forth as different members, just agreeing with himself each time and criticising others - he didn't realise his IP and server were the same each time, poor fellow.

Becs

So what are you saying my IP and server are the same, ask admin to check they will be able to confirm if my IP is the same..

However I do agree with Doglistener he makes a lot of sense, he is not influenced by emotion, though he is emotive, as a scientist you understand the need for evidence, however most scientists only accept the evidence that agrees with theirs as was demonstrated with the recent suggested evidence that T Rex hunted in packs. A very contentious claim, though with some supported evidence.

My point here is you cant expect everyone to agree with your views and in fact it is productive to have opposing views to assist in promoting discovery.

If you all just post "Oh! good post, well put " and the like, all that is happening is you are massaging each others egos. Now there's a thing, why not ask admin to put on a massage each others egos forum?

Yes I am a behaviourist I work in the Sufolk/Lincs area, have done since 1987 apart from a 3 year stint working and traveling in various parts of the world. I am also an educator. It is unusual for behaviourists to agree with each other as each tends to think they have the magic formula, a pity as there isn't one. What there is is a wealth of experience and those who tap into it are the ones I have respect for.

No one is right all the time, but if I can misquote Orwell "some are more right than others"

This topic has missed the point, most people are not rude by nature, those who are are often misunderstood, this "Nasty old Woman" may have been unaware of eveything around her, for people to be like that on a street I woluld suspect problems, but all I read is nasty rude old woman, if it was a teenager no one would be surprised but an old woman. She may have been nasty but my bet goes on ill, or not with it, both possibly, likley out of character.

Dervel

eRaze
Administrator
Male 

26-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Can we stay ontopic topic please.

-------

If anyone suspects a dual account - please notify admin but do not accuse people on the public board. Most of the time admin are aware of such things and have thier own way of dealing with it
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 03:53 PM
So what are you saying my IP and server are the same, ask admin to check they will be able to confirm if my IP is the same..
At the risk of going off topic again briefly, no I do not suspect you of being anyone other than who you claim to be. I was merely pointing out that not everything is a conspiracy - weird things do happen on fora as they are made up of humans, and humans can be weird! Bless you, I wasn't talking about you, I was just helping clarify.

Back on topic, I still don't think this particular case is an example of someone reacting to shock - from what we've been told (and not having been there, that's what we go on) the woman knowingly put herself in a position that resulted in her being near the dog. I detest cameras and avoid them at all costs to the point where I don't have a passport and I still have my paper driving license. If someone produced a camera, and it surprised or shocked me, I wouldn't amble into the frame and then shout at the photographer! I doubt arachnophobes go running into the insect houses at zoos and then verbally abuse the zookeeper. I suspect acrophobes rarely run to the open-air top floor of a multi-storey carpark and then write a letter of complaint to the architect.

Of course, we have to assume than in this case the elderly lady had her eyes open and had spotted the dog in her vicinity.

Becs
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 03:56 PM
This topic has missed the point, most people are not rude by nature, those who are are often misunderstood, this "Nasty old Woman" may have been unaware of eveything around her, for people to be like that on a street I woluld suspect problems, but all I read is nasty rude old woman, if it was a teenager no one would be surprised but an old woman. She may have been nasty but my bet goes on ill, or not with it, both possibly, likley out of character.
Apologies for not replying to this in my previous post; I'd already started on my reply and didn't realise you'd edited again.

Becs
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

26-04-2005, 08:03 PM
This is not a place for flame wars. Please observe the rules.
Thread locked until further notice.
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7