Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
I popped in a shop on my walk earlier and the lady said ..sorry your dog can't come in incase IT cocks it leg........... DOH it's a bitch i said !!! do ya feel stupid now ........red faced shop worker walks away .....
lol@ Inca
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-04-2005, 06:27 PM
I can symaphise with you,but try owning a large Rottweiler and living near a primary school.The looks i get while walking Abe could freeze a lake...
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 08:18 PM
It's not just staffies, I have similar situations with Keena, even when she was only 4 months old some people acted as though she was going to maul them as we walked by, 4 months old!!

Even though I get irritated by people who act silly and arn't really that dog friendly and don't know much about them, what I will never understand is people who actually have dogs themselves and still act all flustered!?

One of many situations I can recall was when I had Keena and Takoda out for a walk and a couple with a small pup just stood there and wouldn't walk past us! I got my two to sit down and everything so they could not feel 'threatend' incase that was the case but even then they hurridly picked up the pup and scurried past saying how he was a puppy and they had to pick him up just incase etc??...Takoda was only about 12 weeks too at the time and I told them that he was just a pup also and there reply was oh yes but he is much bigger...So did that mean that because he is bigger they think my big horrible puppy was going to eat there's for dinner??...It's ridiculous.

Then I get irritated at the people who think Keena just must be aggressive because of how she looks and they will cross the street or pull their dogs, children, whatever away looking horrified which bothers me because of how soft she is.

Even if Bruno was a bit mumbly under his breath, so what, he was on a lead, what are you going to do, stand there and watch him savage the old girl??...People sometimes don't give you credit for any having any brains sometimes.

Another things that gets me, sorry for getting sidetracked a bit here, is when there is a bunch of small kids and you have a puppy and you are walking by and they insist on crowding round the pup to stroke it etc then when the pup moves or does anything other than just stand still they run off crying saying ...'that dog just bit me'! or something...Kids done this with Keena and it was a hot day and she was panting...Just sitting there panting and one kid who was getting in her face moved one of his hands infront of her head and it brushed over one of keena's canine teeth as she had her mouth open still panting and he ran off crying saying she had bitten him!

I have list miles long of people acting silly or rude.

Brundog that lady was completly rude and in the wrong and it is amazing how many people can just think it is ok to open their mouths over nothing without thinking of hurting someone elses feelings...I am totally bewildered by people who just say what they want to people they have never met before in the street...There you were just going about your day and then you get that!?...I just think some people should stay indoors if they don't know how to act in public and get silly over nothing at all, makes you wonder how they have managed to live in society up till now if something like that affects them so much.

Anyway what a silly rude old bat!

Don't let it get ya down.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Claire&Jay
I've had people actually pick their dogs up to get past Levi and then put them back down when there's a distance between them!!!
I have people doing this..picking up there dogs when they see my lot.....
patterlad
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Sod em dont worry about it.The problem is people read the paper watch a horror movie(The Omen)And thats yer lot if you got a Rottie its now a Devil dog that calls on evil spirits and starts to kill people(Old ladies)in graveyards.If someone has never owned a pooch they always think the worst off them when they hear news of large dog kills family.Didnt bother to read on to see it was a pack of wolves in Alaska.Best thing to do is ignore it other wise it will start to ruin you and you dogs walks and the dog will sense that there is something wrong .
Aaron_76
New Member!
Male 

22-04-2005, 10:09 AM
this is true...just ignore them....my APBT's allways have come in for aload of stick when i been out walking them, i know some people just dont like them and that is fair enough but there is just no need to be rude about it as i sadi manners dont cost anything
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 10:25 AM
I symapthize totally - that woman was obviously pig-ignorant and there was absolutely no need for it at all. Just ignore the cow!

I, like Steve have a Rottie - owning a this breed doesn't exactly win many points in popularity contents either! There are many times when I have been out walking that people have grabbed their kids or dogs up as if Ozzy is rabid I think everyone assumes if you have one it is just for guarding purposes and therefore it must be ferocious. :smt096

Once when we were out for a walk in the country this guy actually screamed at his kids to come back to him and ran off in the opposite direction barking orders at his kids to follow him. Ozzy was on lead behaving impeccably and we just looked at each other as if to say "What the hell is he doing??" :smt017 I mean reacting like that is no way to teach a child is it? If a dog was going to bite or react they would more than likely be incited into it by them running around like headless chickens anyway!
Dervel
Dogsey Junior

22-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Not everyone likes dogs, some have a mortal fear of them others dont want you any closer that about 59 feet as they feel uncomfortable, if you passed a dog in the street and it growled at your dog you would walk away and wouldnt give it a second thought, so why do you feel aggrieved when an old woman who has possibly had a bad time with dogs growls at you? Why should she give your dog a chance,90% of people bitten by dogs, say the owner said either, you must have done somthing to it or well he's never done that before.

If you were out and someone passed you with a pet Tiger, how would you react? You may be a little alarmed, and react in the same way, dont suggest a tiger is more dangerous than a dog, more people are mauled by dogs than tigers so there is a greater danger.
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-04-2005, 01:45 PM
It doesnt hurt to have manners!!!!
Chico
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2005, 01:50 PM
i sort of agree with dervel. people sometimes give me "disapproving" looks when Im walking Molly, she is a greyhound and has always been a fairly ribby looking dog. ive had people look at me with disgust and say i should feed her more and things like that. its not nice, but you have to remember that some people see things from a totally different persprective especially if there not doggie people or they dont kno much about the breed. I always smile and say something like "thanks for your concern but she is an ex racing greyhound and she has a lovely warm bed by the fire and more treats toys and so on than you can imagine so dont trouble yourself over the health of my dog" if they show an interest in pursuing the conversation further then i usually grab the opportunity to praise greyhounds as pets with both hands
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »