View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Claire&Jay
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2005, 12:12 PM
I've had people actually pick their dogs up to get past Levi and then put them back down when there's a distance between them!!!
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Claire&Jay
I've had people actually pick their dogs up to get past Levi and then put them back down when there's a distance between them!!!
I've had that happen a few times Normaly it's the tiny dog showing aggression,surely picking them up just makes it worse?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Charliefarley
How about one of these for Bruno

http://www.trendypuppy.com/collarsma...tycollars1.htm

chortle chortle = I think If I did that to Bruno he would definetly put himself up for rescue !!! LOL

The thing is the collie owner doesnt say anything to me ever - I see her everyday and I alwyas say hello and she never replies so think she is pretty wary of Bruno - so I almost expected some comment from her - but not just a passer by who has no right to judge Bruno cos as far as i am concerned he is a gorgeous dog with peeps, he doesnt jump up, he lets folk pat him and he would lick you to death before he did anythig else

Thanks for the lovely comments Charleyfarley "If I saw you Dani I'd tell you what a gorgeous dog you had " - I think thats why I was so shocked as most people who meet him always comment on his markings and how strong he looks !!

On completely the other hand I meet a woman quite often who has a very old retriever and a wire haired terrier, and Bruno barks non stop at her dogs - she makes her dogs stay and always comes over to Bruno to give him a pat and speak to him and tell him to stop barking at her babies !! The fact that he is barking doesnt bother her and she thinks he is lovely -

So will try and think of this lady next time I see the evil old woman !!!

Dani
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Some people just dont have a clue, it really gets to me sometimes.
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Whenever we meet someone who is wary of Saffy (but more so when we walked Murphy) I just remember how I was prejudiced against bull breeds before I met one. I guess all we can do is try to educate

Aileen x
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2005, 01:19 PM
I find a few people have that opinion and I always think it is small minded of them. I own collies or rather they own me but I have only ever met friendly staffies, im sure that there are some not so nice out there but they aren't all the same.
Aaron_76
New Member!
Male 

21-04-2005, 02:14 PM
HAHAHA Brundog ya know theres a way with dealing with nasty old people like that..what ya do it..buy a mercedes..any model..then ...ya see them crossin the road...use the mercedes sign on the front to line up using it as a cross hair..then put your foot down...BANG..hhHAHAHA * in a s ick sounding laugh*.nah ok thats going too far,
but your right some people can be so rude and arrogant...Max's problem is if he see's someone with food then thats him..ears on end and he'll sit in front of them but as soon as i call him he'll come away and leave them in peace...and i have had an old woman in a place near me..i was sat having a drink with th elads before heading off home, max was sat with me..in the beer garden.then the table next to me this old girl was eating her lunch..all max did was chuck her a "i wouldnt mind some of that " glance and she hit the roof like "oh god..excuse me that is so off putting can you take that thing away please"..
which i did...but as you say ya can be a bit more polite...no need to be plain rude..manners dont cost a thing.
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Dani can you see Phil walking Bruno in this one
To let you all understand Phil is quite a big guy.
Tracie
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Oh the joy's of staffie ownership
Aaron_76
New Member!
Male 

21-04-2005, 02:37 PM
:smt005 JESUS, cna ya believe that...haha so is it for fashion or a humiliation item that collar hahaha
that'd make a grown man cry..im just picturing it on a bigger than life Rotty..haha...i might get one for max..though im sure his mates would talk
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »