Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 11:24 AM

nasty old woman spoilt my morning !!

HI

just wanted to have a moan really

Took Bruno out this morning - both of us having been a bit ill and feeling a wee bitty delicate ( not through alcohol I might add!!)

Anyway, was crossing a side street and there was a black and white collie on otherside of road waiting to cross and Bruno had his usual little grumble under his breath at it. ( We see it every day and cos the collie ignores Bruno he has stopped barking at it just has a little mutter under his breath instead - less effort !!LOL)

Started to cross the road and the collie started to cross too ( towards us). bruno was pulling a little towards him so I just called him to me and we started to walk the other way. meantime there are two older ladies crossing diagonally infront of me and Bruno and walk in front of me and the mutt. Bruno is still rubbernecking at the collie and I smile at the woman and am about to step onto the pavement and the woman says in a really nasty voice " Get THAT away from me " - meaning bruno - honestly I was so shocked with the nastiness of her voice - he wasnt even on the pavement yet and wasnt even looking at her - totally unnecessary just cos he is a staffie !!

I was really shocked and very annoyed and I turned round and said - He is fine - he just doesnt like other dogs, so there is no need to be quite so rude - and I just kept on walking and she starts shouting after me something - which I didnt stick around to hear. But how rude and unnecessary if I had a B****Y poodle or something she woudlnt have said that - Cant beleive people are so ignorant !!!

AARRRGGGHHH - anyway she really irritated me and spoilt my walk - Bruno obviously is completely oblivious but I just hate ignorance !!!

Moan over !!!
dani
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 11:30 AM
I can sympathise with you Dani, I get people like this all the time usually other dog walkers but get it from your average joe on occasion too. Unfortunatley part of the territory with owning such a wonderful breed, not everybody sees them like that

Laura
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2005, 11:53 AM
I can't believe people can be so rude!! By all means think what you like but to say it is just disrespectful and says more about them as people We meet several Staffs on our walks,some friendly,some not so but I always say hello,what ever happened to friendly dog owners comeradery?

If I saw you Dani I'd tell you what a gorgeous dog you had
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Sometimes it's good being Bruno, just rubber them.
michelled
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2005, 11:57 AM
im always quite "wary" of the collies with staffies,as collies naturally give alot of "eye" that dogs can mis-read as a threat.

i agree theres no need for that woman to be like that though!!!!!

its no secret that ive been involved & witnessed some really scary staffie moments,but im trying to meet some nice staffs to regain some confidence now!!!!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 12:01 PM
I popped in a shop on my walk earlier and the lady said ..sorry your dog can't come in incase IT cocks it leg........... DOH it's a bitch i said !!! do ya feel stupid now ........red faced shop worker walks away .....
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Michelle,

Now that's interesting because Saffy isn't keen on Collies at all but completely fine with other dogs... I think you're right because the Collies are always up for playing and she seems to read that the wrong way

Dani: Why not dress Bruno up as a poodle and she what she does then... Make sure you take pics though because this I have got to see!!!

Aileen x
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

21-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
I popped in a shop on my walk earlier and the lady said ..sorry your dog can't come in incase IT cocks it leg........... DOH it's a bitch i said !!! do ya feel stupid now ........red faced shop worker walks away .....
Brilliant!
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2005, 12:05 PM
How about one of these for Bruno

http://www.trendypuppy.com/collarsma...tycollars1.htm

michelled
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Aileen
Michelle,

Now that's interesting because Saffy isn't keen on Collies at all but completely fine with other dogs... I think you're right because the Collies are always up for playing and she seems to read that the wrong way

Aileen x
if flynn for example is being friendly & wants to play he will give alot of direct eye contact,alot of dogs just cant handle it if they arent used to collies! ANY dog not just staffs,but with the power behind the stafford id DEFINTALLY want to check with the owner first to make sure they were introduced properally,EVEN if they were friendly with other dogs i always check they are "collie" friendly!

my nellie HATES labs! she just dosent get them, they all seem not to "undersatnd" her body language.

i think some breeds find it difficult to read some other breeds body language
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »