Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 03:19 PM
SBT:
Vicious, bad with children, bad with other dogs (lives very happily with my dog thanks), will fight/bight everyone/dog, she's a pitbull.

Terrier cross:
snappy, bark all the time, no good with kids (he loves them!)

That's all I've come across personally, but the word 'vicious' always crops up about my foster staffy.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 03:29 PM
staffordshire bull terrier

Oh Devil dogs - they eat children .... yes thats why i am walking him with my little boy !!

Aggressive with other dogs - in fairness bruno can be, and it really depends on the dog - many staffies are but many arent.

destructive - Bruno only chews his stuff nobody elses.

and the most annoying:
That you need to take them aside when young and kick the s**t out of them to get them to be well behaved.
Yes that would work i am sure ....grrrrrr

that you are considered a chav for owning one.

but its more what people dont say when they drag their kids away or cross the road when we walk past.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
staffordshire bull terrier

Oh Devil dogs - they eat children .... yes thats why i am walking him with my little boy !!

Aggressive with other dogs - in fairness bruno can be, and it really depends on the dog - many staffies are but many arent.

destructive - Bruno only chews his stuff nobody elses.

and the most annoying:
That you need to take them aside when young and kick the s**t out of them to get them to be well behaved.
Yes that would work i am sure ....grrrrrr

that you are considered a chav for owning one.

but its more what people dont say when they drag their kids away or cross the road when we walk past.

Ahh yes, the Devil Dog comment, very familiar that one Whoever coined that phrase I could cheerfully throttle them We get people dragging their kids away and walking the other side of the road too.

I even had a lady refuse to come into the field I was in today as I had him off-lead playing with his ball.

I think Staffies are one of THE most misunderstood of all breeds. It is such a shame that so many of them are in rescue centres at the moment. As for being bad with kids, that's the worst of the lot! They are superb with children and it is even in their Breed Description isn't it?

I'm appalled that anyone thinks that they should kick the s**t out of a dog to get it to behave. I hope whoever actually said that is never allowed to own a dog of any kind

I adore Staffies, they are brilliant dogs. I certainly would have one (though Marius is plenty enough dog for us now!!!) - in the future I mean
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
We get people dragging their kids away and walking the other side of the road too.

I don't mind when people cross over the road to get out of our way, but then I'm not that keen on kids
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Cocker Spaniels
They are narky - Ben isn't
they never stop, also depends on the dog

Golden Retriever
He must be greedy - true!
They are so well trained, as if it just happened overnight!
When I mentioned to someone I was hoping to get a cavalier spaniel, they said they weren't a proper dog.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Elkhound.

It's a husky
Well it's a Husky cross then
Well it must have some Akita in it
It must be expensive to feed - absolutely not! I practically feed him on fresh air!
He looks fierce - yep like a nasty vicious teddy bear
a good guard dog- he'd probably give them a hand out with the telly
His tail is broken.
He's small for an Akita
He's fat for a Husky
He's soooo scary!!!! (Hmmmm...)
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2008, 02:39 PM
GREYHOUND

Skinny Dog - No he is just well muscled and fit. He needs to be to run forty miles per hour!

Needs loads of exercise - No more than any other breed. He would prefer to be asleep on the sofa or my bed!

Kills cats - Mine is still alive and is the boss! Milo spends ages cleaning the cat. Perhaps he is trying to lick him to death!

Should be wearing a muzzle - If he needed to wear one he would be!

TERRIERS

Noisy - True!

Feisty - True of one but not the other! Mouse would defend me against man or beast. Perry would just watch!

I cant stand little dogs - Dont have one then!

Snappy - only if the other dog snaps first, then its fair game!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5