Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

16-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by BRUNDOG
Originally Posted by Doglistener
I think whatever I posted I believe there are one or two that always have an opposing view, whatever I say, and they are always the same people. I find that somewhat amusing. Dislike and emnity makes fools out of people in the end.
Sorry Stan - But are you not missing the whole point of a debate here - of course not everyone is always going to agree with you and everyone is entitled to their opinion - as are you !! Doesnt mean to say you are always right, neither does it mean that I am right - its a debate -so if I say that i dont agree with your statement that does not make me a fool thanks very much !!!

dani
I am Sorry Brun. That statement was not aimed at you
I actually said and I quote
I think whatever I posted I believe there are one or two that always have an opposing view, whatever I say, and they are always the same people. I find that somewhat amusing. Dislike and emnity makes fools out of people in the end.
If you go back to all my posts I think you will understand exactly what I mean and that was not aimed at the 99.9% of the forum.

They know who they are and if you wanted to trawl through the posts you would as well.

Stan
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2005, 02:01 PM
well our local rspca inspector is absoloutely naff and my mum has had many a row with him. he has no interest in animals has given us some absoloutely gobsmacking answers to our complaints about animals being abused and it just a complete waste of space
CBT
Dogsey Senior

16-03-2005, 02:04 PM
ive had the opposite experience, have always found them helpful, remember they deal with literally thousands of calls every week, theyre only human! they have limited man power and resources, one or two inspectors cover a large area in some parts of the country.
Stan i think your taking it personally, if people disagree im sure they have there own reasons not just for the sake of disagreeing with you i think thats a bit of a patronising comment people here have their own opinions based on there own experiences
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

16-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Stan i think your taking it personally, if people disagree im sure they have there own reasons not just for the sake of disagreeing with you i think thats a bit of a patronising comment people here have their own opinions based on there own experiences
Hi Spider

Promise you I am not being sensitive or imagining anything

Stan
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Stan
if you receive rude or abusive posts they should be reported to Azz Im sure he wouldnt allow abuse by PM to and from members

edited cos i missed the word allow out and it didnt make sense
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
Stanif you receive rude or abusive posts they should be reported to eRaze Im sure he wouldnt allow abuse by PM to and from members
edited cos i missed the word allow out and it didnt make sense
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I homecheck for the RSPCA-
because of the dogs and not for their policies

has anyone seen the animadversion site re: RSPCA?
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Doglistener
I am sure they have been debates on the RSPCA on this forum before. I for one am no fan of that organisations, I feel it is the political arm of the Animal Rights Brigade I am not alone in my thinking. Millions are spent on political lobbying and new head offices it has been calculated that only 3p in the pound goes towards welfare and 97p on wages and running costs.
I think that the role of the RSPCA is blurred; and it does not do itself any favours as a result. It has the status to lobby, and advise the government on legislation (whether the advice is *good* is a different debate) but it uses "animal rescue" as away of raising funds; as this is what the public responds to.

These three adverts were placed in that disgraceful paper the Adtrader by RSPCA, which suggests that they are no more than a business selling second hand animals.
Why is "Adtrader" a disgraceful paper? All sorts of media are used to advertise live animals for sale - including newspapers, and webpages

I have rescued animals from the RSPCA in the past; and was disappointed with the lack of assessment of the animals, and the post-rescue support offered, when compared with other centres; we had to make the heartbreaking decison to have our 5 yr old rescue PTS after a year due to aggressive behavioural problems that we were unequiped to deal with and unsupported by the centre.

However, each Centre is independant from the national charity; so if the response from a particular centre is poor, it should not be used as indicative of all RSPCA centres.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

16-03-2005, 04:13 PM
I don't have any experiance with the RSPCA but I would never phone the SSPCA or donate to them again - I have been left loads of times with stray or injured animals and they are never interested - I find it really upsetting that there dosen't seem to be some-one to turn to when you find an injured animal
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Emm
I find it really upsetting that there dosen't seem to be some-one to turn to when you find an injured animal
I thought that all vets have a duty to take in injured wild animal?
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >