View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ginge2602
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2013, 11:23 PM
My sympathies. He sounds like a real a hole!! He should count himself lucky he has you! My dogs would go spare if they thought I was being threatened.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Tawneywolf-- maybe. In any case, the kids are both well and truly old enough to have their own minds, opinions, political ideas, rights to watch horror movies if they so wish, &c. I will not judge them by whatever their father does. They may well be allies!

Tang-- yes. Especially when we live in tightly packed little clumps like this, and especially when there are differences of background and culture, it pays everybody to drop the aggro and get some tolerance. It really doesn't bother me in the slightest if the students on the other side of the wall want to have a party on a Saturday, even if I don't like their music. That's normal! They should get to do that. What about a family curry that fills the whole close with its scent? Actually makes me rather hungry... Yelping kids playing next door? All for it. What I can't abide is angry shouting. Never could, still can't.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by Ginge2602 View Post
My sympathies. He sounds like a real a hole!! He should count himself lucky he has you! My dogs would go spare if they thought I was being threatened.
I dread to think what would happen if he actually threatened me physically. Little Dog is a rescue Staffie cross. She has massive teeth and a very protective attitude. Big Dog is a rescue Japanese Akita. Even though he's tiny for the breed, he could knock a big person down, and I'm certain he's been badly mistreated at some point. Neither one is aggressive. Big Dog is very friendly indeed, but I don't know what they'd do if physically cornered or challenged. I don't want them protecting me. Even a little nip-- It'd be their death warrant, like as not, if they bit a person. I'd run a mile dragging them in tow before I'd let them get close to an aggressor.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Which all kind of makes it harder, as this guy is on the floor below us, between us and the ground.

I've been very careful to keep out of his way. Tuesday night will be the next trial, when we come home at half ten. I've been recording every up and down, but no incidents-- it may help that I listen for when they're out.

I cannot tell you how galling it is to have to listen to this guy singing in the shower when he has me terrorised upstairs and my husband angry. Neither of us likes being angry, or terrorised.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 01:15 AM
I feel for you. My neighbor is over 60 and she's called not only police on me several times, but animal control as well. None of these times have I ever been found to be in the wrong, yet she still calls them sometimes. I have confronted her about it, but of course she denies it.

She has shouted at me for foolishness such as seeing my dog in my yard, and for my hair looking a mess... when I come outside in the morning. I told her to "f-off" one day and it stopped.

She claims I'm "ruining the neighborhood" when really it's her ghetto mouth and nasty attitude that's ruining it. She came at me with some 100% bull one day and I finally blew a gasket.

She said she would "thunder" my dog if she ever caught him in her yard. Mind you, she's terrible and he knows to never go there, and never does. He does bark at her sometimes, because he hates her as much as I do, but this is why she got mad that day.

Sometimes, when these losers think they can threaten you and scare you... it's best to show them otherwise. I was raised kind of "hoodrat" so it's easy for me, but like they say... the only way to stop a bully is to stand up to them.

In America, this best be done wisely, or not at all. A bully might be merely a coward, but scare them and they may prove that by attacking you (in whatever form) from behind one day.

I walked up in her face and told her that if she ever hurt my dog, she'd experience things far worse than death in his wake. Mean, wrong, extremely harsh, impulsive, but the truth and effective. She hasn't said a word to me in months, honestly. I saw her approach my father once... but that's it.

Take your husband and go talk to him, and tell him off. That's what I'd do anyway... also be sure to let him know that if he continues... that it will not be him that will be calling the police but the one dealing with them.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2013, 10:15 PM
For your hair looking a mess? In your own yard, in the morning? Seriously? You should be able to go out in your own yard wearing nothing but a tea towel, slathered in peanut butter, if you like. What a nightmare! I'm glad you're able to stand up to this awful harridan. I'm not so good at it as you are, I'm afraid. Weirdly, the only times I'm able to stand up to someone is if they're worrying my dogs, or someone else who isn't me.

I wonder what it's like to live inside the head of someone so full of bother and annoyance. It can't be pleasant.

Please give your dog a kiss on the snoot from me and tell him some random person in Scotland loves him way more than that sorry old bat hates him.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2013, 02:23 AM
Yes, for my hair looking a mess. Note that I am black and wear a fluffy looking natural style... which is naturally kinda messy anyway, so looks especially bad in the mornings all matted to my head.

She said I'm making the town look like a bunch of "section 8's". Section 8 is the area of the government that handles the poverty stricken... might I add. Section 8 provides free food, services, etc. for them so it was really horrible for her to say that. Not for me, but for the way she thinks of the less fortunate. Not all of them have messy hair all the time

Like I said, I was raised here... and have unfortunately adopted some of the snippy attitude, though I'd NEVER EVER do what she does and torment people who are minding their own business. But enough to explode on a weak woman with ill intents.

Like you said... I only truly struck back when she threatened my puppy. It was the last straw as I despise people who target the innocent like that. I didn't even know what the silly old woman meant by what she said... but I knew I hated it.

I hope you and your husband can sort this out in a way that is true to your nature. I'm sure you will good day
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2013, 09:29 AM
That's completely hideous, for her to say that to you, on so many levels. What a clueless rothead. I could go on and on... but yeah, you know it all already. Keep your snippy attitude! I'd love to have you for a neighbour.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2013, 03:25 PM
So, on Tuesday we got home before His Highness, so no woofing before he was in.

Las night he had a karaoke party that went on late into the night. That's a Saturday party, so I'm all for it, but I was a little disturbed to detect no males apart from Himself.

This morning, he woke me up yelling on the phone. Which he continued to do for four hours.

Seriously... If this guy were nice or reasonable in any way, this wouldn't strike me as antisocial at all. As if:
Yes, we should all be up at 8:00 am on a Sunday! Even if we have been kept up by all-girl karaoke the night before! (just to qualify: he is older than I am, and I am way too old for all-girl karaoke at some guy's flat. Like, 20 years too old).

But he isn't. He's a d**k.
puzzymunkle
New Member!
Male 

20-10-2013, 05:02 PM
like it probably hasn't got one though :P
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >