View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Don't let him dictate what you can and can't do as regards going outthat's no way to live Why not go to your friends as normal,on the way back and just before you reach the stairs ring your OH.Have him talk to you Untill you reach your door.That way you'll feel confident on your way up and if anything should happen your OH can intervene This guy is a bully,don't let him win.Be safe xx
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I
My neighbour lets her dogs out at 11pm and they both bark and race up the top of the garden where the fox lurks late at night, but then that's life isn't it, I live with it, I wouldn't dream of complaining about it.
Absolutely! That's it exactly. That is life. Failure to tolerate others (and not just people) invokes misery all around, doesn't it?
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Don't let him dictate what you can and can't do as regards going outthat's no way to live Why not go to your friends as normal,on the way back and just before you reach the stairs ring your OH.Have him talk to you Untill you reach your door.That way you'll feel confident on your way up and if anything should happen your OH can intervene This guy is a bully,don't let him win.Be safe xx
You're right, but it's one thing to think that, quite another to face going up the stairs knowing he's about to launch. My husband's not exactly a confrontational person either. He is, at least, tall, but he's about as aggressive as a teapot.
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
You're right, but it's one thing to think that, quite another to face going up the stairs knowing he's about to launch. My husband's not exactly a confrontational person either. He is, at least, tall, but he's about as aggressive as a teapot.
My husband is like that, I once remember him standing behind me when our neighbour kicked off
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 12:52 PM
wouldn't encourage confrontation or aggression,merely saying he might be less likely to start anything if he knows your OH is seconds away
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Don't think so. He's been perfectly happy to yell at both of us so far.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Don't think so. He's been perfectly happy to yell at both of us so far.
I wish you well(( hugs))
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Well, one of the kids came up to ask whether we mightn't have some of their post, as they haven't been getting any (must have just moved in then). She was completely normal and nice. The kids are both old enough to be taken on their own merit, so maybe we might get some civility through them? Maybe-- I'm keeping the nice and civil options wide open.

(edit: we don't have anyone else's post!)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Maybe that was just an excuse to get to talk to you perhaps??
They may well be extremely embarrassed by their father's behaviour and want to show you it isn't them
I remember when I was married to an alky, my kids were soooo very embarrassed when he kicked off because of course they get teased and tormented at school over it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Absolutely! That's it exactly. That is life. Failure to tolerate others (and not just people) invokes misery all around, doesn't it?
My thoughts exactly. I really don't understand why some people get so 'exercised' about how other people or their animals live their lives. It's all stress, stress, stress, these days it seems.

In Cyprus - dogs bark all night. Some bark all day too. The general attitude is 'they are dogs and dogs bark'.

I cope with dogs barking all night by turning my telly up LOUD lol! Same thing I do if neighbours have loud music or anything else - I drown it out.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >