View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Great to hear the vibes seem to be helping Wizard. Healing vibes winging their way from me too.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by monkeydonkey View Post
Got one ordered it looks fab and just what i think is going to help him.xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Nes going to update below. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear about Owen, but great to hear he as made progress. How long has he been like this and what did your vet says about how he will be long term? Whippety hugs from Sox. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry not to have replied sooner.

Owen started being not right at the end of january. He just didn't seem his normal self. One of my bitches had a ceasarian a few days later and I mentioned Owen to the vet. We took him along and he diagnosed a neurological problem or a trapped nerve.

The vet put him on Medron V tablets 4mg for 10 days the 2 after that. He siad if it is a tumour the steriods will releiv.e the swelling around it and depending on how bad it is he may oor may not improve. He said at best he could go back to normal or it could just stabalize him as he is now. He does seem to have good days and bad days though and is worse if he gets stressed which is usually of I go to a show and leave him at home. They did suggest I enter him not for competition and take him with me.

Long term he will be on the steriods for the rest of his life. The vets words to me were this is the start of the end and how he responds will determin how long he has left. At the moment I am happy the carry on with the steriods he is happy and still eating and drinking weeing and pooing as normal he still checks my bitches every to see if they are in season I just have to watch the others aren't too rowdy round him as on bad days he is a little wobbly
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Sorry to hear Wizard is poorly, sending healing thoughts xx
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
A little sunshine and the fresh air will do him the world of good. Bless Indi going to lie with him, they are such sweethearts are'nt they. I keep checking in every time i see an update on the thread and reporting back to OH We're both very pleased with todays updates. Come on Wizard, we know you can do it xxxx
Aww thanks Clare and OH, he has really enjoyed being out in the garden and has eaten all of his tea
Indi is quite an aloof dog in general but she does show a lovely side when it counts. That sounds bad! she is a lovely dog all the time but just independent compared to the other two who are big mummies boys!!!

Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Sorry not to have replied sooner.

Owen started being not right at the end of january. He just didn't seem his normal self. One of my bitches had a ceasarian a few days later and I mentioned Owen to the vet. We took him along and he diagnosed a neurological problem or a trapped nerve.

The vet put him on Medron V tablets 4mg for 10 days the 2 after that. He siad if it is a tumour the steriods will releiv.e the swelling around it and depending on how bad it is he may oor may not improve. He said at best he could go back to normal or it could just stabalize him as he is now. He does seem to have good days and bad days though and is worse if he gets stressed which is usually of I go to a show and leave him at home. They did suggest I enter him not for competition and take him with me.

Long term he will be on the steriods for the rest of his life. The vets words to me were this is the start of the end and how he responds will determin how long he has left. At the moment I am happy the carry on with the steriods he is happy and still eating and drinking weeing and pooing as normal he still checks my bitches every to see if they are in season I just have to watch the others aren't too rowdy round him as on bad days he is a little wobbly
Thanks for the info, all of this helps me to get a clear picture, i like to keep myself informed of all possibilities to be prepared, if that makes sense!! Wizard is making slow but steady progress and we are back at the vets on Tuesday so i guess we will know more then.

I am sorry for the problems you have faced with Owen, love the name by the way, fab name for a whippet! How old is he? It does sound like he's made progress too bless him. Hugs for your boy. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by monkeydonkey View Post
Aww thanks Clare and OH, he has really enjoyed being out in the garden and has eaten all of his tea
Indi is quite an aloof dog in general but she does show a lovely side when it counts. That sounds bad! she is a lovely dog all the time but just independent compared to the other two who are big mummies boys!!!

Thanks for the info, all of this helps me to get a clear picture, i like to keep myself informed of all possibilities to be prepared, if that makes sense!! Wizard is making slow but steady progress and we are back at the vets on Tuesday so i guess we will know more then.

I am sorry for the problems you have faced with Owen, love the name by the way, fab name for a whippet! How old is he? It does sound like he's made progress too bless him. Hugs for your boy. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hugs to Wizard too Oewn's progress seemed slow at first and I do have the option of giving him the hiogher dose if necessary.

My son named him Owen after Micheal Owen (he does have a son called Micheal or Mikey) he is 8 years old 9 in july so still quite young for a whippet really
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Hugs to Wizard too Oewn's progress seemed slow at first and I do have the option of giving him the hiogher dose if necessary.

My son named him Owen after Micheal Owen (he does have a son called Micheal or Mikey) he is 8 years old 9 in july so still quite young for a whippet really
Aww brill name however he got it!! and yes he is young for a whippet bless him and i'm glad he has made progress. xxxxx
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Just a quick and positive update. Wizard has been getting up in his bed and turning around a few times to get comfortable. xxxxxxx This is something he had always done but hadn't been doing since he's been poorly so he really is trying his very best. xxxxxxx

back at the vets tomorrow so will update again then.

Thanks again for all being there. xxxxxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Oh that really does sound positive, well done Wizard, keep it up.
I will look forward to your update tomorrow, I hope it is more good news.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 04:04 PM

Yay!! Well done Wizard. Good luck at the vets tomorrow. Everything crossed here xx
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks everyone.

Back from the vet and Wiz has 10 days more of the same tablets and then back for another check up. I asked the vet if he would make a full recovery and he didn't seem to think so and there is a good chance he will be on tablets forever

Those of you who have dogs on that are on permanent steroids, how do you find it? have you seen any side effects etc....?
I already have had some help and info from Freyja so thank you for that. xxx

I was so pleased that Wiz has had a good appetite, better than usual infact and silly me didn't even think it could be the medication!! The vet says i need to watch what he eats as he is getting no exercise at the moment and will pile on weight. It breaks my heart to see my skinny greyhound so hungry

He has made improvements and his harness is definitely arriving tomorrow so i hope that will help too and i must try to stay positive but i can't help feeling really deflated and sad for my boy
xxxxxxx
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >