View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Well I have at last got shot of the original ins company that refused to pay out for Rosie for her ongoing health issue when she was on lifetime cover.

I might add they were not whom we signed up with - our original company went out of the pet biz - Pedigree Livestock and we were assigned onto this other company who immediately hyped the prices up knowing full well that people like us with dogs like Rosie had no choice but to stay with them. The way we were treated over Rosie - lifetime cover and their refusing to pay out...... It was downright disgraceful

Once in her life I claimed for Katie and her insurance shot from £21 a month to £37.50 a month - I stopped it immediately and put her onto Sainsbury's annual cover - she had recurring cystitis and I knew no one was going to cover it anyway, the annual cover was just in case in later life she developed some other kind of health issue.

Harvey I have just changed to Sainsburys - I am keeping him on lifetime cover as he is only just turned 4.

It may be of interest to folk that online quotes are a lot less than over the phone quotes. I had got a quote online for Harvey 2 days ago for £25.88 a month. On the phone today I was quoted £39 a month - when I queried it, they checked it up and agreed to let us have it for £25.88 a month so its worth while checking online and insuring online as apparently [with Sainsburys anyway] you get a third off

AZZ - Are all your quotes online quotes? Perhaps a sticky to highlight to folk that insuring online is possibly cheaper?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Be careful with some of these policies - the premium escalates massively once the dog gets to 8 or 9. And so does the amount you pay before the insurance kicks in. Read the small print!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Be careful with some of these policies - the premium escalates massively once the dog gets to 8 or 9. And so does the amount you pay before the insurance kicks in. Read the small print!
Blooming well stops when they get to a certain age as well. Katie is with Sainsburys admitedly annual cover. You pay first £100 of any illness whether yearly or lifetime cover. I'd prefer less but seems to be norm. If you pay less tge higher overall ins is - gotcha all ways
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Hey Guys - just to let you I've just put up the prices from the second company. With some interesting results:

http://www.dogsey.com/dog-breed-insurance.htm
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6