Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-12-2010, 07:36 AM
What can i say Rips?
Apart from your reply to my post has nothing to do with what I said?
In fact, my ideas would result in a more relaxed smooth life.

But hey ho, there are 2 types of people in life'

those that can think about what happens to them, and those that choose to take everything as an affront.

there is not much common sense in stating common sense has nothing to do with it, but my own common sense tells me you cannot teach common sense to those that are determined to resist it.

happy old year

astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-12-2010, 07:38 AM
I hope some people on this thread are not indicative of society in general, what a mess we are in.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-12-2010, 07:45 AM
deends on your priorities

whats worse?

someone understandably swearing in the shock of the moment, ie, human nature

or someone whom, when given some sensible objective feedback whereby one has an opportunity to learn and do things better in the future, decides, instead, the superior i cant be told option?

personally, i find people whom have no capacity to self examine and evolve a greater impact and loss to the betterment of society than those that swear as a shock reflex.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post

whats worse?

or someone whom, when given some sensible objective feedback whereby one has an opportunity to learn and do things better in the future, decides, instead, the superior i cant be told option?

personally, i find people whom have no capacity to self examine and evolve a greater impact and loss to the betterment of society than those that swear as a shock reflex.
I agree with your post but if we all acted in the shock of many moments we would be in a mess, when i walk around a corner and someone does so at the same time i do not act in the shock of the moment by swearing or punching them in the face i just step backwards.
I am by nature an aggressive man and i will confront when i feel i am right to do so but i have also taught myself self restraint or people will and indeed have suffered by my actions.
I have as you could say evolved and managed my aggression, for me to swear at a young child is an affront and unacceptable and i am not sure i could retain my temper if it had been my child sworn at by an adult.
I do not like the way we are going/gone as a society but i will just keep my own standards others can swear and kick children but i will not be joining in.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-12-2010, 08:38 AM
interesting that you automtically equate a swearing in the heat of the moment of ones dog flying off the handle and twisting ones finger around in pain (and dont forget Rips did initially post the swear incident in a regertful manner) in the same sentence and breath as "kicking children"

i cant see the connection myself, completely different contexts.

you cannot separate life from context.

it would be inconsistent to state one should allow for kids and dogs to act according to what one would expect the natural response that this certain set of circumstances would be, and then not apply the same observation to adults.

we are all only imperfect thinking feeling species.
we dont live inside precise text book bubbles at every moment.
there is nothing about the OP's story that requires the culture of blame and judgement, be it 2 legs, 4 legs, short legs, tall legs.
wa situation to be,/
Leema
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-12-2010, 08:55 AM
I think this thread has gone a bit off topic (I haven't read it in it's entirety), but would like to suggest something for people that have some issues with their dogs and people.

In the perfect world, it'd be lovely if everyone asked if they could approach our dogs. However, people (including parents) can be irresponsible.

You might be interested in something like this for your dog:
http://www.k9pro.com.au/products/Dog...-DT-WORKS.html
These are a harness with a sticker on the side that could say something like "give me space". (This link is Australian, but I was just sending it to give you an illustration.)

I believe jackets also exist that you could purchase with a similar motive.

Sadly, we often have to take responsibilities for a society that is sometimes too casual when interacting with dogs.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-12-2010, 08:58 AM
good suggestion and very true re your last line...after all, we have to take the same forward planning approach with driving...

all the posts have been on topic btw
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-12-2010, 09:14 AM
interesting that you automtically equate a swearing in the heat of the moment of ones dog flying off the handle and twisting ones finger around in pain (and dont forget Rips did initially post the swear incident in a regertful manner) in the same sentence and breath as "kicking children"

i cant see the connection myself, completely different contexts.

you cannot separate life from context.

it would be inconsistent to state one should allow for kids and dogs to act according to what one would expect the natural response that this certain set of circumstances would be, and then not apply the same observation to adults.

we are all only imperfect thinking feeling species.
we dont live inside precise text book bubbles at every moment.
there is nothing about the OP's story that requires the culture of blame and judgement, be it 2 legs, 4 legs, short legs, tall legs.
wa situation to be,/
the kicking children was taken from a post earlier in the thread in which 2 people deemed doing so as okay albeit the op was only 15 at the time themselves when they kicked an 11 year old.
That would obviously be your opinion about their being nothing to judge.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-12-2010, 09:29 AM
i hadnt seen that post

so no one has said it would be ok for an adult to kick a child?

im not to clear, therefore, why this was bought up and used in the same vein as a one off incident regarding someone whom swore in pain? (and when she posted that, expressed it so in a regretful way).

where is the context?

i see your point re social deterioration, but im not too sure how one can conclude an involuntary, yet natural under the circumstances, regretful one off incident of swearing in the haste of shock and pain would indicate a worse challenge to social standards, than, say, compared to those whom choose not to examine and learn, or, say, those whom feel we should always judge others, regardless of the context or the circumstances?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 03:04 PM

whats worse?

I listened to your feedback and I disagreed, I think that's the part you have most objection to if I'm correct? Which in the same vein is probably not particularly helpful for anyone, more so yourself. Eg you yourself appear to have a superiority complex and in essence don't seem to understand that when a person chooses not to take your advice it doesn't automatically make the other person "wrong".

Common sense doesn't come into it because we're talking about children not adults. Common sense tells me common sense therefore does not apply, but manners should always be evident regardless of age - that is my point. Manners weren't evident clearly, but they should be. If this was the case then this matter would never have arisen. I'd love to try and predict the actions of every single person I come across and take responsibility for there every action on this planet, but like I said, I choose life instead.

You have your opinion, I have mine, others have theirs - that's 3 kinds of people from my perspective.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >