Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
VALMAC GLASGOW
New Member!
Female 

15-12-2010, 11:52 AM

Flyball Training?

Hello all, I'm new! Mum to a very very very energetic border collie/lab cross. She's absolutely fantastic at ball retrieval and I think she'd think flyball would be best fun ever. Does anyone know of flyball beginner training in Glasgow or nearby?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Have you looked here?

http://www.flyball.org.uk/
kirstymomo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Ever fancied dog agility? A lab/collie cross would love it! And a lot of agility clubs do flyball as well
VALMAC GLASGOW
New Member!
Female 

15-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Thank you very much, will look into this now. My only worry with straightforward agility is that my wee BC cross knows her own mind and isn't the best trained wee thing in the world, so don't know if she would be good at agility following commands! I appreciate your feedback, I love my girlie too
kirstymomo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2010, 12:04 PM
But she doesn't have to be amazing at it, so long as she is enjoying herself and trust me you need training for flyball too haha! She sounds like a lovely wee girl who would really enjoy either flyball or agilty, anything that involved her getting to run around! Hope you find something!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by VALMAC GLASGOW View Post
Thank you very much, will look into this now. My only worry with straightforward agility is that my wee BC cross knows her own mind and isn't the best trained wee thing in the world, so don't know if she would be good at agility following commands! I appreciate your feedback, I love my girlie too
Thats why you pay the trainers, they are there to help you both learn...dont worry about it, maybe go to general obedience then agility or flyball classes too.
VALMAC GLASGOW
New Member!
Female 

15-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Thank you everyone - I've found a fairly local flyball club, and will contact them to see if they have any demonstration nights and maybe some help with her general obedience too. Thank you peeps