View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 06:33 PM

What do you use as fly killer with dogs in the house?

Ok all,

Here's one for you. What can you use to kill flies that is safe when you've got dogs in the house.

We have an electronic one in the living room and it's as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

We've got a curtain at the kitchen door that works a bit but we're still getting flies in especially over the last couple of weeks.

Any suggestions gratefully received!
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-07-2010, 06:37 PM
We use Raid by Johnson and Johnson - we have cats and dogs so don't spray near the animals - just moved into a bungalow that has been empty for a while and the garden's really overgrown so at first we got lots in especially with the heat. Now though luckily things are improving.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2010, 06:37 PM
We are the same the curtains don't really work.

Won't buy one of those electronic ones then. I might get some of those fly papers I popped to my sons today and he had, had enough of the flies so they put two of these fly papers in the kitchen and they are brilliant. He doesn't have dogs but cats and one is a new kitten so has a litter tray near the door which was attracting them.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I got some of those wooden bead curtains for the door and I rarely get a fly since putting them up. I had loads before.
I don't like the fly papers as I think they look awful and I can't spray anything in the living room as Shady is caged in there.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I got some of those wooden bead curtains for the door and I rarely get a fly since putting them up. I had loads before.
I don't like the fly papers as I think they look awful and I can't spray anything in the living room as Shady is caged in there.
Thats the reason I never brought them because they looked awful but at Marks they are pinned to a beam in his kitchen and he had to point them out to me.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
We use Raid by Johnson and Johnson - we have cats and dogs so don't spray near the animals - just moved into a bungalow that has been empty for a while and the garden's really overgrown so at first we got lots in especially with the heat. Now though luckily things are improving.
So do I but never when Mo or anyone is in the room. It's quite efficient, the window cill looked like fly's graveyard the other day

I was considering getting a curtain for the back door which is always open at this time of the year but I'm sure Mo would never go through it

Hate fly papers and don't think I can afford an electronic one.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Ok all,

Here's one for you. What can you use to kill flies that is safe when you've got dogs in the house.

We have an electronic one in the living room and it's as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

We've got a curtain at the kitchen door that works a bit but we're still getting flies in especially over the last couple of weeks.

Any suggestions gratefully received!
The dogs! Or the Cats.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Thanks all. Think we'll have to get some of the Raid and spray just as we're going out of the house. May put the fly paper up again also as it worked quite well. It's only a little electronic one and it's rubbish. The curtain at the kitchen door does work but I think because it's been so hot and windy with it the little swines have gotten in.

Oh and thanks for your help especially Dawn LOL Cassie just looks at them when they land as if to say 'what are you then?'
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 07:27 PM
i've got the string cutains up at my door and the do stop the flies and moths.

other tham that a rolled up newspaper is quite effective.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thats the reason I never brought them because they looked awful but at Marks they are pinned to a beam in his kitchen and he had to point them out to me.
Thats a good idea. I used them years ago and had them hanging. After getting my hair stuck on them as I walked underneath and seeing all those flies dangling I couldn't bear them again.
I would never have thought of pinning them up flat, and on beams they wouldn't show at all. I would reccomend them now
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >