Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by amts
These I have now are angoras. Very longhaired and very cute.

I used to have a shorthaired when I was a kid. Very cute and ran free. It used its cage as toilet everytime so no need for it to be locked up.
I gave it as a present to my dad at his birthday and he did not like it. After been crying for a few days he let me keep it though.

Best guard dog we´ve ever had. Went straight for the ancles on everyone it didnt know and was the most loving pet to the family
He´s gone now but wont be forgotten.
Angoras, very fancy but alot of hard work!would not of liked to seen the state there fur was in when you got them.
Lol at the last bit!!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Angoras, very fancy but alot of hard work!would not of liked to seen the state there fur was in when you got them.
And actually still are
I´ve tried to fix the fur the best I could, but I need to use scissors to be honest if I´m supposed to get them straighten out.
But as they lived outdoors (they can go indoors too) I havent dared doing that yet. When it gets warmer I might.

But atleast they have gained weight and seem to be more alive now - running around.

I´ll take a pic for you to see. Maybe you have a few tips I could use?
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by amts
And actually still are
I´ve tried to fix the fur the best I could, but I need to use scissors to be honest if I´m supposed to get them straighten out.
But as they lived outdoors (they can go indoors too) I havent dared doing that yet. When it gets warmer I might.

But atleast they have gained weight and seem to be more alive now - running around.

I´ll take a pic for you to see. Maybe you have a few tips I could use?
I would love to see a few pics of them, im a bit bunny mad!
I have a few tips on how to look after them:
A slicker type brush and a pin brush are both good for angoras fur. The pin brush can be used for brushing through and finding mats, and the slicker brush should be used when the mats are out. Angoras should be groomed daily. A pair of sharp scissors and nail trimmers, such as are used for dogs. are also needed. These can be purchased at feed or pet stores. Most angora are plucked or sheared every three months. Nail trimming every 3 to 4 months is also needed in order to prevent injury to the owner and the rabbit.Angoras are at a potential risk of a condition called wool block. Rabbits are very clean animals are always grooming themselves. Many times the fiber is ingested, but because rabbits are unable to vomit, they must pass the fiber through their G.I. tract. If the bowel is unable to move this fiber through, then it will block the intestine and the animal may die.
Sorry if that seems a little long i did not mean to lecture you but just share what i have learnt from owning them, hope this helps alittle
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Hey guys she looks quite abit better this afternoon im pleased to say and is actually in her run having a play with her brother, thanks for everyones concern, its great to have some support,from zoe xxx This is bambi my poorly bunnie with her brother she is the closet one to the front!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your little rabbit Zoe and I'm hoping she's better today. She's certainly not "just a rabbit" either, she is a dearly loved animal. Somebody once said that to my Mum when I lost one of my dogs as she couldn't understand why I was so upset, she said "it's only a dog" and if I wasn't so upset at the time, but angry instead I probably would have thumped her! I haven't spoken to her since needless to say.

Hope you have good luck with her at the vets tomorrow if you have to take her there. x
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Sorry to hear about your little rabbit Zoe and I'm hoping she's better today. She's certainly not "just a rabbit" either, she is a dearly loved animal. Somebody once said that to my Mum when I lost one of my dogs as she couldn't understand why I was so upset, she said "it's only a dog" and if I wasn't so upset at the time, but angry instead I probably would have thumped her! I haven't spoken to her since needless to say.

Hope you have good luck with her at the vets tomorrow if you have to take her there. x
Hi Helena thanks for your kind words as usual, it get me annoyed as well when people say its just an animal, these people i feel are not true animal lovers and have not experienced the bond between human and animal like we have, and for your mum to say it my mum would never say that she loves them as much as me. I remember one time my mum and dad had gone away on holiday so it was just me and my brother at home and i had a new baby rabbit which became very poorly, while i held it in my arms it had a fit and made the most horrible sound i have ever heard because of the pain it was in and then sadly past away, i was mortified that my new baby had just died and was in floods of tears and my brother came in with his friend and his friend starting to laugh and said why is she crying over a rabbit, what a thoughtless idiot needless to say my brother is no longer friends with him.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi Zoe, Glad to hear you bunny is doing better today and no, of course she isn't just an animal Some people just don't understand the love we fell for our pets, I don't understand how they fail to see it!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by ZoeH
I would love to see a few pics of them, im a bit bunny mad!
Uploading pics right now. How many do you want?
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Hi Zoe,
hope your rabbit is doing better 2day
best wishes
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Hey Zoe - I'm so sorry things were so hard for you yesterday and I'm sorry to hear your little rabbit is ill. I had a cherished rabbit that broke its leg and had to bounce around in a sling so I know how worrying it is. They all have their own little personalities.

Hope your rabbit is going to be okay.
Big hug from me and Loki. :smt052 (think that's the hug icon )
xxx
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >