Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Lu-1
that is all so sad,
Zoe any queries just PM, we hav eha dloads of rabbits, nursed many, even hand reared a few litters, so i have learnt a few tricks of the trade, so dont hesitate
best wishes
Thanks i have quite abit of experience myself with rabbits i have 9 at the moment and have been through alot with them i have also had baby rabbits and hand reared them so i know that what i am doing is the best i could do for her, but if i need someone to talk to i will give you a call thankyou for the kind offerxxx
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by ZoeH
....some owners dont think about the animal but about how upsetting it is for them, we should alwalys do whats best for the animal.
This is excatly what I ment. You just say it better

My point was, when we go the the vet and see other animals being pts, even though it might upset us, we must believe it was for the best of the animal.
And when the day comes we have to our own animals to the vet and make the desicion, we must look at it from the animals point of wiew and not let our emotions take the best of us. But it is hard and I wish we could be without. Sadly noone lives forever (well do we want to? )
We can only try to provide our loved ones (animals and ppl around us) with the best life possible and then make the end as decent (<- is that the word?) as possible.

But I know how you feel, dont know if you remember, but I took in 6 rabbits myself because they werent looked after by their former owners.
One we had to pts right away as it was sick and the rest has been a battle (and still is) to make decent pets out of.
2 have now gotten a new home and I then have 3 left. I hope to find them good homes but if i cant IŽll rather keep them myself.

But I hope your rabbit is feeling better today
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks foxy,Ashlady i will give her a cuddle from you!
Jake she actually seems abit better in her self a bit brighter, she is snuggled up with her brother, but is still pretty bad, But fingers crossed she will get better, as her brother would miss her so much being with her from birth for 5 years thanks for asking it means alot, zoe xxx
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by amts
This is excatly what I ment. You just say it better

My point was, when we go the the vet and see other animals being pts, even though it might upset us, we must believe it was for the best of the animal.
And when the day comes we have to our own animals to the vet and make the desicion, we must look at it from the animals point of wiew and not let our emotions take the best of us. But it is hard and I wish we could be without. Sadly noone lives forever (well do we want to? )
We can only try to provide our loved ones (animals and ppl around us) with the best life possible and then make the end as decent (<- is that the word?) as possible.

But I know how you feel, dont know if you remember, but I took in 6 rabbits myself because they werent looked after by their former owners.
One we had to pts right away as it was sick and the rest has been a battle (and still is) to make decent pets out of.
2 have now gotten a new home and I then have 3 left. I hope to find them good homes but if i cant IŽll rather keep them myself.

But I hope your rabbit is feeling better today
Hi Amts i thought thats what you ment its sometimes hard when you are not speaking in person to get across what you mean without upsetting somone and i could not agree more with you
Aw what a kind person you are taking in the rabbits i know how hard it must of been for you trying to get them back to full health its not easy, good job there are people like you around!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Aw what a kind person you are taking in the rabbits i know how hard it must of been for you trying to get them back to full health its not easy, good job there are people like you around!
Aw thanks But i really had no choice. See my neighbour came by one evening with them in a box. They were all scared and looked terrible. So how could I say no? (and he knew that )

Still have a long way to go but I have the space and time so its ok.
They do make great pets dont they
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by amts
Aw thanks But i really had no choice. See my neighbour came by one evening with them in a box. They were all scared and looked terrible. So how could I say no? (and he knew that )

Still have a long way to go but I have the space and time so its ok.
They do make great pets dont they
You would be shocked in how many people would say no!they make excellent pets some of mine lick me like and come running after me when called i sometimes wonder if they think there a dog what breeds do you have?
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Oh Zoe that's more promising news today. Jake and I are willing positive thoughts her way: you never know sometimes good things do happen. Give her another cuddle from us

Lots of love
Laura and Jake xx
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by jake
Oh Zoe that's more promising news today. Jake and I are willing positive thoughts her way: you never know sometimes good things do happen. Give her another cuddle from us

Lots of love
Laura and Jake xx
Thanks laura and jake!!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 11:50 AM
I hope your rabbit pulls through
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 11:53 AM
You would be shocked in how many people would say no!they make excellent pets some of mine lick me like and come running after me when called i sometimes wonder if they think there a dog what breeds do you have?
These I have now are angoras. Very longhaired and very cute.

I used to have a shorthaired when I was a kid. Very cute and ran free. It used its cage as toilet everytime so no need for it to be locked up.
I gave it as a present to my dad at his birthday and he did not like it. After been crying for a few days he let me keep it though.

Best guard dog weŽve ever had. Went straight for the ancles on everyone it didnt know and was the most loving pet to the family
HeŽs gone now but wont be forgotten.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >