Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:14 PM

Sad vet trip

I had to go to the vets today because one of my rabbits is very ill While we were in there there were two labs a golden and a black, while i was waiting to be seen by the vet i noticed the golden lab had a shaven side and i got chatting to the owner and he said it had an ageing disease, forgot the proper name, the poor lab looked so old and it was only young, the owner said he just could not undersatand what was happening to his dog until he found out what the dog had got, the dog stomach had collapsed and the tablets it on now to help with it condition are over £2 each, i didnt even no this disease existed and i found this so sad for such a young dog.
Then on my way out i saw the gorgeous black lab like my oscar i didnt get the chance to speak to the owner so i didnt no what was wrong with it, but sadly it had just been put to sleep and was being carried out into the owners car, it really got to me as the dog looked so much like my lab, it was very sad seeing both dogs.Sorry just had to write about this
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2005, 10:16 PM
poor dogs. It is so sad when you see pets being carried out after being PTS. We saw a small dog being taken away by its owners one time
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
poor dogs. It is so sad when you see pets being carried out after being PTS. We saw a small dog being taken away by its owners one time
I have never seen a dog being taken away before, i think it was even more upsetting because it was a black lab
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:22 PM
It is so sad going to the vets when that happens. A few weeks ago I had Jake neutered and whilst we were waiting a really trendy looking buisnessman was sat next to me in tears as he had to have his 16 year old cat put to sleep. I'm afraid I wasn't much comfort to him as I was sat talking to him with tears rolling down my cheeks. Our animals all become a treasured family member and it is heartbreaking to loose them.

Your story Zoe has made me go and give Jake a great big cuddle I wish our dearest friends could all live a lot longer
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:22 PM
That's so sad Zoe Whenever I read anything in the sad section of DW I can't stop myself from imagining, what if it was Archie? We love our dogs too much
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:25 PM
It really brings to light how much we love our pets. I was pretty upset any way before going ill because my rabbit is really ill and i dont no if she will pull through
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Zoe How is your rabbit tonight?
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Oh Zoe I hope your rabbit will get better give him/her a very big cuddle from me and jake

Kindest Regards
Laura
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:33 PM
My friend phoned on Friday to say while she was in the vets, somebody brought in a 6 year old lab and because it had ate yet another large stone (had already ate 2 and had to be operated on to remove them) they were there to have him put to sleep........that is so sad Surely a vet shouldn't be allowed to put a healthy dog to sleep?
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Not very well at all, im feeding her by hand, she had the same thing last year but then she got better, but since it has come back again it does not look good as we think she has cancer she has had injections and a antibiotic fluid i give her by hand, the vet wants to see her tuesday or wednesday if she does not improve ,and he said she might have to be pts
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »