View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 10:37 AM
omg 18 dogs what a blast that must be lol.

I have an ESS called Pepsi (11mths old), and a Jack Russel who lives with my mum called Pebbles (18yrs old). Im trying to convince my dad that we need another ESS or a GSP. But at the min he is having non of it haha. Even tho i keep telling him ill move out
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Hello,

I have a Westie called Molly who is almost 6 years old and a Basenji X Collie called Roxy who is 8 and a half years old.

Molly I've had since 8 weeks and Roxy is a rescue.

You must be busy!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi & welcome, 18 dogs blimey!!!!
I just about cope with 1! - a 9 month old who we got from rescue @ 11 weeks old.We think she's a colliexlab & she's my first ever dog who I've waited about 20 years for.
Patterdaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by peedie View Post
Hello, your family's pack sounds amazing! Is your Dad a gamekeeper/gundog trainer or similar?
I have 1 yellow lab at the moment but am hoping to get a HWV pup sometime in the next year or so
Awhh cute
My dad is a gundog trainer and he competes in field trial sand goes on shoots, within the season. We breed champion dogs from some of the best working lines

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Welcome!

18 dogs????????? That is a lot. What kind of work do you do with them? Where do they all live/sleep?

I have one adorable English Springer Spaniel called Woody ;o)
Woop woop go ESS The spaniels job is to flush game for the men to shoot, our spaniels head into the brush or bracken and hunt around and when they find something they must stop, they are not allowed to get it, when it runs/flies out it is ...shot The labs are obviously retrievers and their job is basically to bring back the flush, without damaging it (as in chewing it apart before getting back to us), the pointer works with our harris hawk and ferret. She hunts over the ground and when she catches a scent points at it, much like a pointer, we set the ferret in, once the quarry flies/runs out the hawk comes down. we have 2 kennels blocks and that is were 16 of the dogs sleep, 2 live in the house

Originally Posted by Lene View Post
Your Dad is cleaning the kennels? So the dogs are not pets? I only have one... He lives with me inside.
Well its a tough question really, they are bred to work and thats what they do and they love it We couldn't fit all the dogs in the house so we built kennels, but they are loved and cherished just as much as a pet

Everyones dogs sound adorable
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I have a SBT called Sal.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 11:52 AM
3 Border Collies here.

Although our old one is almost invisiable......as in the context of just being so quiet.

The two others make up for her
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 12:10 PM
we have 2

a springer x BC (the brain of a collie - the instinct of a springer..)

and a full border collie - whos now 13..
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi I have a Lab, a greyhound and a little GSD cross!

Would love to see some pics of your dogs !
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Helloo!!!

I'm Sarah, and I am 19!

I've only got 7 dogs at the moment, Kennel Space doesn't allow us to have many more at the moment!!!

I've got 2 Labs, Hamish & Blade, 2 Spaniels, Gracie & Misty, 2 Patterdales, Tilly & Midge, and then a Lakeland x Fell, Charlie!

Gracie, Hamish & the terriers technically belong to my OH, but I do all the dog care, as OH has recently put birds to wood!

Misty & Blade are my babes, I've only had Blade for 2 weeks, and I've had Misty since she was a pup, and she is 11months now!!

I saw a picture of your patterdale on your introductions thread, and she is gorgeous!!!!

Look forward to speaking gundogs and training with you!!

x
Patterdaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Hi I have a Lab, a greyhound and a little GSD cross!

Would love to see some pics of your dogs !
Awhh your dogs sound cute! Yes, i shall get some pictures up, when i finally get them on photobucket! Which should be by tonight

Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Helloo!!!

I'm Sarah, and I am 19!

I've only got 7 dogs at the moment, Kennel Space doesn't allow us to have many more at the moment!!!

I've got 2 Labs, Hamish & Blade, 2 Spaniels, Gracie & Misty, 2 Patterdales, Tilly & Midge, and then a Lakeland x Fell, Charlie!

Gracie, Hamish & the terriers technically belong to my OH, but I do all the dog care, as OH has recently put birds to wood!

Misty & Blade are my babes, I've only had Blade for 2 weeks, and I've had Misty since she was a pup, and she is 11months now!!

I saw a picture of your patterdale on your introductions thread, and she is gorgeous!!!!

Look forward to speaking gundogs and training with you!!

x

Hello! Your dogs sounds so adorable!
Thankyou, she is my lil pride and joy! :P
Yeah im looking forward to it too
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >