Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2005, 03:28 PM

A Paw In The Water Bowl.

If your dog keeps putting its paw in the water bowl, or tries to turn the water bowl over, this may be because the dog seeing its own reflection in the water or bits in the bottom of the bowl. One way that often works in preventing the dog from doing this is to put a small ball (heavy if possible) in the waterbowl.
NB. If you have a large dog make sure it is not a small ball that the dog can swallow, or a ball that can be chewed up allowing the dog to choke.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Good Idea Mini, problem is if I did that to Blackie's bowl he would refuse to drink out of it. I had some sulphur stuff to put in his bowl in the hot weather, it's supposed to help them somehow, well he snarled and barked at it, he threatened to turn the bowl upside down and alsorts.

I have a very unusal dog, today it has been nice here, nice and warm so I thought I would sit in the garden a bit, he came out with me, lay down for about 10 minutes and then said "I'm off back in the house" when I came back in after an hour here he is sound asleep on the couch!

Ian
Meg
Supervisor

02-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
, today it has been nice here, nice and warm so I thought I would sit in the garden a bit, he came out with me, lay down for about 10 minutes and then said "I'm off back in the house" when I came back in after an hour here he is sound asleep on the couch!
Ian
Ian Blackie probably thought as you were not in the house he would have the couch all to himself..as long as you enjoyed the sun that is all that maters !!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Once, when I was in the local pub with the Boys, the owner put down a stainless steel bowl of water for them. Snorri took one look, saw his own reflection, and legged it across the room! I've never claimed that he was the bravest dog in the world!

Snorri
Meg
Supervisor

02-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
Once, when I was in the local pub with the Boys, the owner put down a stainless steel bowl of water for them. Snorri took one look, saw his own reflection, and legged it across the room! I've never claimed that he was the bravest dog in the world!

Snorri
Well there you go Snorri perhaps he was telling you something had it been beer in his bowl he would not have seen himself so easily
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 06:30 PM
heheh thanks Mini

Well Archie's water bowl in the kitchen is ceramic, so I dunno if he could be seeing a reflection in it?

Anyway, I find what he's been doing with his water bowl so hilarious I'd hate to stop it!!!
Meg
Supervisor

02-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by tuti
heheh thanks Mini

Well Archie's water bowl in the kitchen is ceramic, so I dunno if he could be seeing a reflection in it?

Anyway, I find what he's been doing with his water bowl so hilarious I'd hate to stop it!!!
You've guessed Tuti Posted with Archie in mind when he gets bigger and your floor is wet all the time you may just give it a try ... until then enjoy the antics puppies are like babies.those lovely moments are gone all too soon
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 08:16 PM
max digs in his water bowl but only when we have another dog here he never does it on his own?????????
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Ian Blackie probably thought as you were not in the house he would have the couch all to himself..as long as you enjoyed the sun that is all that maters !!!
Hi Mini, HE ALWAYS has the couch to himself, or almost, I always end up squashed on the end with his head on my lap his front paws under my chin and the rest of him upside down stretched full tilt.

Who say's it's a dogs life?

As for the sun, yes i really enjoyed it, also I think I'm starting to get back to my old self, I could do without my cardigan today, before I went into hospital last year I used to spend most of the year shirtless, now I need to sit in the oven to keep warm.

Ian
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

03-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Good tip. I have never tried it but will test it out in the coming weeks. I always have clients that have this type of problem and I have been advising a higher thinner bowl like a Spaniel bowl so the ears don't droop in it so they cannot get in and spill it..

Stan
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >