View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2005, 01:03 PM

Sh.CM and crufts qualifiying in ireland?

Could anyone tell me how you get a show certificate of merit (Sh.CM)? Also could anyone tell me how you qualify for crufts in Ireland? Is it just the same as here or what? I was wondering because we are doing the Munster circuit in august and I wasn't sure in any of the shows were crufts qualifying. I would be really grateful if anyone could help. Thanks

Sarah xxxx
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2005, 06:22 PM
http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk

All the info you need will be on here
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 02:34 AM
The form for the Show Certificate of Merit can be found here:
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/down...3/scomform.pdf The conditions are straight forward.

To qualify for Crufts at shows in ireland you have to have met the following criteria found here.

http://www.crufts.org.uk/dog_exhibit...qualification/

Hope this helps
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is there an age limitation on gaining the Sh.CM like there is for Junior Warrant?

There doesn't appear to be, just wondered?
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

27-02-2008, 06:18 PM
There is no age limit on gaining the the ShCM. Anne Mariie.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Since Ireland became fully FCI in June 2007, it has become considerably harder to qualify for Crufts from Ireland, perhaps in retaliation for closing the door on UK residents obtaining International Champion status by gaining 4 CACIBs in Ireland (UK residents can now only count 3 from Ireland and have to go to mainland Europe for the 4th whereas Irish residents can do it all in Ireland).
There is no longer such a thing as a major (5 points+) Green Star and it is confusing to see reference to it on UK schedules and on the UK KC website. All Green Stars rank equal now, as we have the grading system so only those with the highest grading can go forward to compete for the Green Star. To qualify for Crufts, Ireland is no different from most other FCI Countries in that there is a designated Group Show in the year and you need to win Open or Junior class at that show only, (I think - need to double check) or of course if your dog is an Ir Ch you are ok too. In my case, our designated show is the Hound Association show the day before the circuit starts so EVERYONE is at that one including all the visitors to the circuit so frankly it would be easier to make mine up that win a class in such a big show with the creme of the UK entries against me! Unless I'm lucky of course!
Hope this helps.
PS Of course from here we can trek up to the Belfast show which is the only UK general champ show on the island of Ireland and "simply" get a third or better in a qualifying class! Same problem with visitors though!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks Eunice