Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 09:00 PM

Dear Client...

I hope nobody will find this offensive! We got emailed this at work today and all had a good giggle at it

Dear Client,

Welcome to out practice. The following are some suggestions of how to make things more pleasant for our staff.

As you have already figured out your scheduled appointment time is just a suggestion. Feel free to ignore it and do as you please.

If you are not going to show up, please do not call. We like the suspense of trying to figure out what you are going to do. Some times we run bets on it. So as you can see, calling and informing us of your intentions would just take the fun out of our day.

Verbal abuse is always appreciated. If possible, wait until the waiting room is full. Please be creative in your profanity, we all like to expand our vocabulary.

Do not put your dog on a leash or your cat in a carrier. Just let them loose as soon as you walk in. The staff enjoys a little pandemonium.

Bring as many small children as possible. Three or more is preferred. If you don’t have that many, borrow from your neighbours (look for the most poorly behaved). Make sure they all have juice and crayons because we love to clean. Also, we encourage them to jump on the furniture, displays and play rough with the hospital cat and go through the drawers.

Do not bring any prior records as we request. Calling other clinics gives us time to catch up with old friends.

We’re just kidding when we suggest that you bring a stool or urine sample. That’s gross. We’ll just get it off out waiting room floor after your dog relieves him/herself everywhere.

Please feel free to stay on your cell phone. Handless headsets are preferred because it really makes it challenging to figure out if you are talking to us or the person on the phone. Make sure to call back later and ask us questions about all the things we were trying to explain.

When giving information about your pet be as vague as possible. The doctor is psychic and can communicate with your pet so it’s really just a formality anyway.

Wait until the vet is using the stethoscope before reciting the life story of your pet. It really is just for show, the vet never has any intention of listening to the intricacies of the heart and thorax.

Be sure to insist we follow your breeder’s recommendations, especially about anaesthesia and vaccines. Our schooling and training really doesn’t teach us much, so we appreciate the guidance.

Give medications as you see fit. We just put the instruction labels on them because the label printer is cool. We understand that when the condition doesn’t resolve, it is our fault, not yours.

Don’t tell us all the other vets had to muzzle your dog until after he/she tries to bite. It keeps our reflexes sharp. Besides, it is more of a challenge to muzzle a dog once he/she is all worked up.

If your cat is hissing and upset, please put your hands and face as close to his/her mouth as possible. He/she would never bite you. If a bite did occur from your own stupidity, it is our fault anyway.

Ignore the staff only signs. Just wonder around as you please. Stick your hands in all the cages. If your child is wondering around, we prefer him/her to be barefoot.

If your pet is sick please wait a minimum of three days before having him/her seen. Also, be sure to exhaust all treatments available over the counter or at the pet shop before brining him/her into be examined. We love seeing sick animals after 4pm on a Friday afternoon, so make sure you wait until the last minute to bring your pet in.

Always complain about the bill. We know our prices are too high. In general, we tend to be greedy and don’t care about your animal.

We look forward to caring for your pet. If you have any suggestions about what we can do to make life easier for you and more difficult for us, please do not hesitate to let us know.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Not offended here It made me chuckle too. xx
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Im not in the pet medical profession in any way, but I found that very funny and typical of 99% of the vet surgeries I have used. lol.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 09:17 PM
very funny...thanks for sharing.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Our head nurse was laughing so much she was crying took her about fifteen minutes to calm down afterwards
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

15-11-2007, 09:57 PM
No offence taken.

It was funny and thanks for sharing it.
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Can I print that off and give it to my vet?
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
by all means
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
by all means
Many thanks.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
:smt042

That's Brill
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >