View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear what this awful woman said to you. I wouldn't trust her with my dogs but if your vet agrees I'd get him to write a letter giving the facts,thoughit sounds as though she thinks her knowlege superior to a vets anyway if she refused to follow the vets instructions re tablets. Hope you find someone else to look after Deccy & hope you get a job really soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2007, 02:36 PM
After what you have said in your latest post sounds like she wouldn't listen anyway even if evidence from the vet was sent re:Polo's condition and why you had to do what you did.
I think most of us on here have had to make that awful decision at some time or other and we understand why you did it and that it was necessary,this woman is ignorant I am so sorry she has been so mean to you especially as it is still so raw we never fully get over these things just that as years go by we learn to accept it easier. I personally think Deccy would be better off at home on his own than with this Woman especially as you say she lost Polo for 5 hours and refused to give his medication,sounds like a know it all that knows nothing.I know it will be hard to leave Deccy but I am sure after time it will be easier for him in the meantime you can still look for someone else to take him and Scorpios idea was a good one.
I know its easy to say as we are not on the receiving end of this malicous womans tongue but she full of herrslef and spouting nonsense and you know that and we all do,and you have all of us to keep reminding you that you are a good person and love your dogs and do the absolute best for them so please try to forget what she said,she is an evil nasty piece of work that doesn't deserve your Friendship or busisness and certainly not your hard earned cash.I can only send love and (((Hugs))) to you but hope they will help to keep you strong for yourself and Deccy and us.xx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

17-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Just caught up with this Gill so sorry thst was all you needed on top of everything else . You have been given lots of good advice and I can't add to that but just wanted you to know I am thinking of you stay strong for Deccy's sake. Hope you get the job. We are all here for you if you need us. Lots of comforting hugs. Eunice x
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Tawneywolf says it all, stick with it, you are such a great person or you would not care about D being alone all day, so keep your chin up and hugs all round xxxx
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
I appreciate the support but I am still in bits.
I don't think there is a rumour causing this, she told me a few weeks ago when Polo had his medication increased (to overdose level, incidentally, so his kidneys would be badly affected eventually) that there was "nothing wrong with him" and she refused to give him his lunchtime dose which was what the vet had instructed. She said yesterday that she had "seen this coming for months" - durr.... he was diagnosed last August so of course those concerned could see it coming as it was inevitable in the end! She probably meant I would "get rid of him". She was taking a huge risk letting Polo run with the other boarders I did ask her to isolate him in case he had an episode but she ignored this.
Also, she is very lucky that I didn't make a fuss last year when he was unsupervised and took a fit and went down the cliff, he was missing for 5 hours, she didn't ring me for 4 hours and had clearly not looked properly for him, nor did she offer to pay the vet's bill for his treatment. Luckily nothing was broken but it could have been.
Incidentally, she recommended the rogue builder maybe he is behind this in some way as word will now be out that he has ripped me off tens of thousands and done a shoddy job on my house. She thinks he can do no wrong.
I don't have a new job yet - I had an interview yesterday for a temp job but I won't know until Friday whether or not they want me. The company is seeing other people. It's just that IF I get it, they will want me to start Monday. It was incredibly difficult selling myself 30 minutes after the phone conversation.
Deccy is very quiet this morning, won't get out of bed, doesn't want any breakfast ......
What a terrible attitude that woman has. And to also neglect to give a dog perscribed medication, for him to have a fit unsupervised and went down a cliff AND was missing for 5 hours. I think you are better off without someone like that looking after your dog. Perhaps it is a blessing in disguse and you will find someone alot more responsible to care for Deccy.

Did you try contacting local dog clubs or breeders to see who they might reccomend as a dog walker or kennels? Might be worth a try.

Best of Luck.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I appreciate the support but I am still in bits.
I don't think there is a rumour causing this, she told me a few weeks ago when Polo had his medication increased (to overdose level, incidentally, so his kidneys would be badly affected eventually) that there was "nothing wrong with him" and she refused to give him his lunchtime dose which was what the vet had instructed. She said yesterday that she had "seen this coming for months" - durr.... he was diagnosed last August so of course those concerned could see it coming as it was inevitable in the end! She probably meant I would "get rid of him". She was taking a huge risk letting Polo run with the other boarders I did ask her to isolate him in case he had an episode but she ignored this.
Also, she is very lucky that I didn't make a fuss last year when he was unsupervised and took a fit and went down the cliff, he was missing for 5 hours, she didn't ring me for 4 hours and had clearly not looked properly for him, nor did she offer to pay the vet's bill for his treatment. Luckily nothing was broken but it could have been.
Incidentally, she recommended the rogue builder maybe he is behind this in some way as word will now be out that he has ripped me off tens of thousands and done a shoddy job on my house. She thinks he can do no wrong.
I don't have a new job yet - I had an interview yesterday for a temp job but I won't know until Friday whether or not they want me. The company is seeing other people. It's just that IF I get it, they will want me to start Monday. It was incredibly difficult selling myself 30 minutes after the phone conversation.
Deccy is very quiet this morning, won't get out of bed, doesn't want any breakfast ......
Sounds to me like your dog is much better off out of there!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I have calmed down a bit now although this morning was shakey, so I rang a friend. She said, while the weather is cool and dull I could probably take Deccy to work and walk him in my breaks. Not sure about that, it's a two year old ultra modern high security establishment, very posh, I am not sure they will appreciate Deccy's frequent toilet stops However, I would be able to get home lunchtimes for 20 minutes to give him a run around the field, throw a few sticks and let him sniff and empty himself. I haven't got the job yet either so it may not be a problem just yet. This friend also pointed out that I am now saving on the kennel fees as well!! I am trying to work out how many copies of my book I will need to sell a month to make a living out of it so I can work from home, I don't think there are that many dog owners in UK/Ireland Must get going on the novel.....
I am really touched by the responses on this forum. Even if someone says the same as a previous post, it still means a lot to know that there are complete strangers out there giving support and it truly does make a difference. I feel that I have been taking rather than giving a lot recently, but I am stunned by this run of bad luck and just hope that it will soon end. I am keeping busy decorating and designing my new website and an advert for the book as well as job hunting, so I don't spend too long dwelling on things. It was just a bit of a shock yesterday to get such an abusive reaction.
Deccy is not as cuddly as Polo but he does snuggle up, I keep calling him Polo by mistake, I suppose that will sort itself out eventually. I gave Polo's food - JWB Senior/Light, not a bit of good for Deccy - to the vets who will donate it to the dog shelter or someone else in need.

Love to you all.

Gill & Deccy
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 08:06 PM
PM me their number, I'll gladly have a word with her for you!
Dawn.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Sometimes Gill you have to take a bit to make up for all the giving so don't worry about it. Give Deccy a hug from me!
Becky
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 12:18 AM
I have calmed down a bit now although this morning was shakey, so I rang a friend. She said, while the weather is cool and dull I could probably take Deccy to work and walk him in my breaks. Not sure about that, it's a two year old ultra modern high security establishment, very posh, I am not sure they will appreciate Deccy's frequent toilet stops However, I would be able to get home lunchtimes for 20 minutes to give him a run around the field, throw a few sticks and let him sniff and empty himself. I haven't got the job yet either so it may not be a problem just yet. This friend also pointed out that I am now saving on the kennel fees as well!! I am trying to work out how many copies of my book I will need to sell a month to make a living out of it so I can work from home, I don't think there are that many dog owners in UK/Ireland Must get going on the novel.....
I am really touched by the responses on this forum. Even if someone says the same as a previous post, it still means a lot to know that there are complete strangers out there giving support and it truly does make a difference. I feel that I have been taking rather than giving a lot recently, but I am stunned by this run of bad luck and just hope that it will soon end. I am keeping busy decorating and designing my new website and an advert for the book as well as job hunting, so I don't spend too long dwelling on things. It was just a bit of a shock yesterday to get such an abusive reaction.
Deccy is not as cuddly as Polo but he does snuggle up, I keep calling him Polo by mistake, I suppose that will sort itself out eventually. I gave Polo's food - JWB Senior/Light, not a bit of good for Deccy - to the vets who will donate it to the dog shelter or someone else in need.

Love to you all.

Gill & Deccy
It's only natural that you reacted the way you did to her harsh words, no matter how much of an idiot that woman is. I'd say it hit you like a ton of bricks; someone telling you that they believe you did completely the wrong thing to an animal that you adored and would only do the very best for. But please don't take a word she has said on board - She's talking through her @$$!!!!

Glad you have calmed down and looking to other solutions for Deccy and yourself.

Ididn't realise you had written a book, is there a thread on here about it, or where can I find more info?
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >