Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 09:55 PM

Huge upset this evening

Don't know if this is in the right place.
As I may be starting a new job next week, I rang the place where Deccy and the late Polo used to go while I was at work. I have used these kennels for 18 months with complete charm and good humour from the proprietor.
However, today my call was received abruptly, which was the first shock, and before I could explain the reason for my call, she asked "why did Polo die?" (I had sent her a text about his demise)
Barely had I got the first few words out, and she let rip in the rudest manner possible. In a nutshell, I am now banned from the kennels and she wants nothing to do with me. She believes that there was nothing wrong with Polo and I had him PTS for my own convenience. The conversation (tirade, as I couldn't get a word in) ended very acrimoniously.

I am still reeling from losing Polo who was very much loved and wanted, and was buried just a week ago at the tender age of 7. This is all too much and I am so distressed I can hardly breathe, eight hours after the phone call. His illness was serious and terminal, the decision was taken in consultation with the vet, the senior partner at the practice and advice from the Veterinary College in Dublin.

So now, if I get a job Deccy will have to be left at home alone which is not what I want but I don't see what else I can do if I want to keep a roof over our heads. I can't see any future now. I just wish the vet had done the same to me and at least I would be with Polo again.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Deccy, I'm so sorry to hear this. If it isn't enough thast you're trying to deal with losing Polo, you've now had to endure this

Stay strong hun even though you don't feel it. Deccy needs you as much as you need him xxxxxx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 10:02 PM
how awful, why did she thnk that....?
has she heard a rumour...is there no other kennels???

Please dont despair, and what would deccy do if you were to join polo???

Alex
xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 10:05 PM
I agree about staying strong. You and Deccy are a tag team now. You watch each others backs and support each other through whatever life brings.

I can`t believe the kennels reacted this way. Maybe another try to communicate with them, maybe some help from the vet. They muxt realise it is in Deccy`s best interest to be somewhere he knows.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I would ask your vet to write a letter to this person explaining the reason Polo was PTS. There is obviously some sort of rumour doing the rounds, and you are the last to hear it. I am soo sorry that all this is happening to you in such a short space of time, you must feel as though the whole world is against you. What sort of person are they to think that of you when they have happily taken your money, looked after your much loved dogs for you, and obviously got to know you as a person? You need to scotch this malicious rumour now before it gathers speed, this is dreadful.
Also, what would Deccy do without you?
Please, just keep going, it is so difficult and awful and terrible for you at the moment, but please don't let these dreadful people win, you are a bigger and better person than them, and you will get through it, I know it.
Congratulations on getting a job so quickly as well. What will you be doing?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

16-05-2007, 10:39 PM
That is awful and I agree with all the advice given to you on here, especially Tawneywolf's. You must nip any rumours in the bud.

Are there no dog sitters in your area who would take your dog whilst you are at work? Perhaps a word with your local pet shop, or an ad put in it, may help.

You must keep strong for your other dog. That loud mouthed person must be put in her place.

Well done in getting another job and I wish you all the very best in it.

You take care. Hugs your way xx
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Dont worry hun if it is someone spreading nasty rumours it will come back to them. Im a great believer in what goes around comes around. If this woman at the kennels didnt give you the chance to explain your side of the story i dont believe she is worth bothering with, i'd find myself someone else to take Deccy for now. She will find out the truth sooner or later and will most probably come back to you with one hell of an apology. Sit tight hun and ignore them, you did what was best xxx
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh Gill, So sorry sweetie that kind of ignorance is the last thing you need right now *Hugs* I think I would take tawneywolf's advice and get your vet to contact the kennel. In the meantime have a huge cuddle with Deccy and remember how he needs you, stay strong for Deccy and in Polo's memory. XXXX
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 11:04 PM

I lost my zoey and was gutted and still am,that woman showed no proffessionalism tonight,im really sorry your down,please feel free to pm me if you need to,polo knew you done your best by him,he knew you loved him,he still loves you hes in no more pain,feel comforted by the fact were all here for you,if you ever need anything all your dogsey pals are here and if i lived in the south and not the north i would have taken him for you,maybe you can get a sitter,xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 11:06 PM
This is outrageous! The last thing you need after everything, my heart goes out to you. Some very good advice already hun so I just want to add my support.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »