Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2011, 12:23 AM

Smarty pants puppy :oD

Just thought I'd post on here in case anybody has any training words of wisdom, its no secret I'm new to the world of puppies, owned dogs for years but not puppies.

Loving having Keira and I am amazed at how quick she is at picking up what I want from her!!

She's been here for 2 weeks now and has grown so much even I can see it! She is pretty much toilet trained, goes to the french windows when she needs a wee, I thought it was going to take so much longer than it has!!

Absolutley love having the 2 dogs, wondering how I will do with some of the training I have coming up, just concentrating on the basics for now, bought a long line to use in the park while we get her recall spot on

Will let you all know how we get on with training as we start puppy training classes in 2 weeks xx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 12:27 AM
You will not need a long line when the pup is this young, this is when they are VELCRO dog; enjoy, the line comes later (if needed) when they hit about 6 - 10 months old.

If you use whistle before you feed, then she will come to a whistle when you are out, for a nice treat. Being a GSD she will no doubt be very toy orientated to get her hooked on a ball now and you can avoid VELCRO dog becoming BOGOFF dog!
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Lol SB what a great way of describing how she is now!! Velcro is perfect D
I'm struggling a bit with the toy, I did expect her to be totally toy orientated, my lab runs for the ball in the back garden and she follows her but just runs alongside and watches Summer, when I play with her alone she just runs to the ball and lies down with it?? Do I just keep letting her watch Summer and hope she'll copy, persevere with throwing it and if she ever comes back with it make a fuss or is there a better way to get her hooked? xx