View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I have seen CM ONCE kick a dog ... and ONCE only. That was bad, for sure, and I hope he learned from his mistake - he got bitten, quite rightly and jolly good thing to. He was being too cocky with a wolf cross, and he paid for it. Have you never made a mistake with a dog? I have, many times. I have lost my temper too more than once and struck a dog, not hard, but nonetheless it was wrong. I have never, ever seen CM lose his temper and strike a dog.

I have never seen him "string a dog up". The old saying does indeed go "there are none so blind as those who do not want to see". I can see all right, I just choose not to misinterpret what I am seeing.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by JuniorDaddy View Post
Thats been my argument too! I've said all along I don't expect everyone to like or agree with him but that their allegations of cruelty are unfound & exaggerated. I couldn't work out why they were saying this as I thought they must of watched the same shows as me, obviously not though!

I started writing on this thread to give the other side of the story so-to-speak & to tell people that CM works for me. I've ended being defending myself against allegations (in a loose sense) of dog & child cruelty & even been told that dogs are not pack animals (is that just because CM uses the 'P' word?). If I had more time I would check out the instances people have stated & I'm sure exaggerated about. I'm fairly sure I have watched all the episodes & I think I might remember if he 'kicked' or 'strung up' a dog in the manner that has been suggested.
Using CM's methods, I turned an extremely wilful and disobedient wolf cross into a still wilful but reasonably obedient wolf cross, within a very short period of time. The look of shock, surprise and awe on Hal's face the first time I tstt'ed him had to be seen to be believed. The first time I used the finger bite, he forgot himself to the point where he responded instantly! Something he had never done before, unless sex or food was involved!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 03:45 PM
well i have watched many of his shows and he uses the kick technique all the time! i agree wholeheartedly with joedeeuk in that you do see the dogs completely submit, usually around the time cm says 'there you go'. it is not understanding why the dog is behaving a certain way, it is bullying the dog into submission. one of the opening sequences recently showed him fighting a dog to the ground and alpha rolling it.

i don't disagree with every word the man says but i think he has taken it too far. to get dogs to apparently behave so quickly is impossible without the use of dominance and items designed to disable the dog, ie the collars joedeeuk mentioned.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I have seen CM ONCE kick a dog ... and ONCE only. That was bad, for sure, and I hope he learned from his mistake - he got bitten, quite rightly and jolly good thing to. He was being too cocky with a wolf cross, and he paid for it. Have you never made a mistake with a dog? I have, many times. I have lost my temper too more than once and struck a dog, not hard, but nonetheless it was wrong. I have never, ever seen CM lose his temper and strike a dog.

I have never seen him "string a dog up". The old saying does indeed go "there are none so blind as those who do not want to see". I can see all right, I just choose not to misinterpret what I am seeing.
That is once too many QED

I have made mistakes, but never to the detriment of any dog.

I have never hit a dog what would be the logic behind hitting a dog because you lose your temper

So you have never seen him use the illusion collar ?? He doesn't have to string up the dog, because the slip lead is held tight under the ears by the stopper. This position is reinforcement by the neck brace bit that is also fastened quite tightly.

Did you not see him string up then "Alpha Roll" the Shibu Inu ? Or the Bulldog(which bit him on the arm & he had to have stitches in the wound.) He strung up the so called "Wolf Dog" & used pinch collars frequently the same way he uses an ordinary chocker, several good pulls to subdue the dog.

The very worst thing he did has actually nothing to do with collars, stringing up but the Chinese Crested he brought to his"center"that wouldn't walk on it's back legs. He put the dog in his pack & allowed his dogs to push it around, tried to get it to swim in a washing up bowl. Only after having it a month, he finally took it to a vet, the dog was blind, had a severe neurological condition & was in end stage kidney failure, if he has such an in-depth understanding of dog behaviour how on earth did he miss that !!!!!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Using CM's methods, I turned an extremely wilful and disobedient wolf cross into a still wilful but reasonably obedient wolf cross, within a very short period of time. The look of shock, surprise and awe on Hal's face the first time I tstt'ed him had to be seen to be believed. The first time I used the finger bite, he forgot himself to the point where he responded instantly! Something he had never done before, unless sex or food was involved!
You have a F1 wolf x dog in the UK ?????
JuniorDaddy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Have you never made a mistake with a dog? I have, many times. I have lost my temper too more than once and struck a dog, not hard, but nonetheless it was wrong. I have never, ever seen CM lose his temper and strike a dog.

Ooh, you are much braver than me Gnasher. I have wanted to make this point more than once but thought I would get absolutely strung up (sorry, no pun intended) for saying it. I also knew that no one would admit to it either.

I neither have seen CM lose his temper or string up a dog in the manner people are suggesting but if they want to call a foot tap a 'kick' & a tug on a collar 'srtinging up' than I guess thats their perogative.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I have seen CM ONCE kick a dog ... and ONCE only. That was bad, for sure, and I hope he learned from his mistake - he got bitten, quite rightly and jolly good thing to. He was being too cocky with a wolf cross, and he paid for it.
CM kicks dogs regularly, you are only offended on this occasion as it was a wolf cross You are so breedist
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 05:49 PM
And if he did 'lose it' properly, it wouldn't be broadcast on TV. The show's bad enough, god knows what happens behind the scenes!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher
I have seen CM ONCE kick a dog ... and ONCE only. That was bad, for sure, and I hope he learned from his mistake - he got bitten, quite rightly and jolly good thing to. He was being too cocky with a wolf cross, and he paid for it.
Yet many others have seen him do this on more than one occasion!!

You must have missed those episodes
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 06:08 PM
i watched with an open mind before i had heard anything about him
i didnt like what i saw

yes we all make mistakes
i have never hit a dog during one of my mistakes because i believe if a dog does something i dont want it is my fault for missreading the situation

if it was a one off mistake why show it on the tv as an example of his training methods? or at least do a peice to camera saying sorry for his lack of control and explaining how that has put back the training of the dog and as he has lost trust with the dog he should pass it on to someone else

i have often seen cm string dogs up
with some really small dogs there have been examples of the dogs with all 4 paws off the ground
with larger dogs they are on their hind legs but you can see some of the weight is held on the collar, usualy his illusion collar, right up at the top of the neck tightening and cutting off the air

so what exactly would you guys call stringing up if these examples are not?

as i have said on most of these threads

as far as i can see most cm supporters support his calm leadership and excerescise, boundries, affection mantra and none of you use stringing up, alpha rolling, kicking methods

for those who dislike cm the more physical aspects are the cm method
also we believe cm misreads dogs and punishes fearful dogs thinking they are being dom

also in many of these threads pro cm people seem to believe if you are not using cm methods then you are too permissive and your dog walks all over you while you run after saying 'fluffy, please stop that, look here is a nice treat, please stop it'

there are lots of ways to train a dog, cm is not the only one and just cos he is on tv does not make him the best
Page 14 of 125 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 64 114 > Last »