Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-07-2008, 04:04 PM

Dog with a Death Wish

Boomer seems to be hell bent on killing himself today.

I broke my back a few years ago ago and i'm on some high painkillers, i always keep them out of the way of pets but today he managed to pull a shirt with some in the pocket off a table while i was away. I came in to find one of them on the floor and wet. I knew there were two in the pocket so i grabbed Boomer and sure enough one was in his mouth, thankfully unchewed and in his hamster cheeks

I thought that was the end of it but sure enough, whilst I was trying to feed the degus he managed to get in the kitchen (idiot hosuemate left door open despite being told 1000 times) and get some cooked chicken bones... He seems ok and I don't think he got much but i'm a little worried. I guess i'll have to dog proof the house a little more and keep an even bigger eye on him. Some days it is quite draining having a pet...
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Well, he's certainly keeping you on your toes isn't he.

I bet he thought your tablets were your secret stash of goodies that you didn't want to share. Good job you knew how many had been in the pocket though.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2008, 04:38 PM
The joys of owning a dog Eh!............ Keeping you busy then xxxxxxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't think Boomer wants to do away with himself - he's having fun exploring his new home!
There are some types of fun you are going to have to dog proof though, until the boy has settled down. I'm sure he'll get there. Hopefully your nerves won't be shot by the time he does