Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:26 AM

Feeling really fed up.

Eldest went back to school yesterday and did the half day as planned.(some of you will know she is getting over a nasty viral infection,she has been off for 2 weeks already)
last night she was awake with stomach pains again and BAD nausea.I took her into school today as she had a speech and drama exam first thing. She looked and felt awful however so I brought her home again....

Meanwhile youngest is pale and a little green round the girls so she too is off ill as well.

Prior to eldest being ill my son had a viral croup infection and my youngest had been off with a 24 hour thing.

I normally cope very well with the kids being ill but this has gone on for a month now and there does not seem to be a forseeable end. I know they will all get better and there are a lot worse off. I`m just having a moan here as it is hard to moan at home as everyone seems to need my support.

It is times like this I am glad I don`t work......mind you, I can`t quite remember the last time it dragged on for so long...

Sorry to seem so negative but deep down I am also still worried about my eldest....I just needed to off-load.

Now I just need either a shoulder or a proverbial kick up the @.... from you lot...
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Feel free to have my shoulder, having one ill is something you could cope with but having them all ill over a relatively short period of time is enough to test anyone, and of course you are very worried about your eldest as you say.
You can come on here and off load as often as you want.
Big Hugs to you and yours!
Becky
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:29 AM
you wouldn't be human if you din't worry about your children! hope they both feel better oon sounds like they've had a tough time of it lately!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:31 AM
its awful when they are poorly like that. Big hugs. Ax
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:33 AM
((((hugs))))
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Awww! Hun, you can have my shoulder

Hope your children get better soon, take care hun, xx
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:52 AM
There is nothing worse than having the kids sick and not being able to fix them.

You have my shoulder.

All you can do is keep them warm and hydrated and hope that whatever medicine you have for them starts to work better than it has been.
I know what it's like trying to get fluids into a child that feels sick but try having them suck icecubes. The liquid goes into the stomach slower and doesn't seem to provoke the vomitting reflex.
hth, take care.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone, I`m getting out of the house for an hour. Mum has come round to hold the fort while I go to a Governor`s meeting.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 12:12 PM
((((((Hugs))))))))
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-11-2007, 12:40 PM
There's a lot of tummy bugs doing the rounds just now F, I had one last week, it lasted 4 days, severe pains etc.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >