View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Chappie is wonderful for dogs with iffy stomachs and I can never understand changing a food that suits a dog, which the dog likes and is doing well on. Stick to it and buy yourself a peg, not as bad as green tripe though.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Theres a lot of dog-food "snobbery" going on- I fell out with someone on a US site who said "Naturediet" was a crap food- yeah right Its all about what best suits your dog. Some of my neighbours dogs are on Wagg, and other supermarket brands and they are fit and healthy. No one has any right to condemn a particular food- all we need to do is read the labels and find out- albeit through trial and error- what our dogs are best suited to
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Naturediet, my dogs absolutely loved this (I hated the smell ) Much cheaper to buy in bulk direct but as they are having problems its hard to get hold of

Hectorsmum, have you tried this on yours You could even sneak in a bit of kibble
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Naturediet is a top-class wet food-my dog loves it- yes they are still having production problems since they moved factories. I buy in bulk- Pets at Home normally sells it but I noticed not much on the shelves on my last visit
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Naturediet maybe a good food along with dozens of others but why change, why risk an upset, to say Chappie will shorten a dogs life it total nonsense, heaven protect us for self appointed experts. Feed your dog what suits the dog and you, something you can afford and do not be tempted to keep swapping and changing, that may well cause the dog problems. Dog live such short lives anyway why mess them about by keep asking their stomachs to accept a new food, by all means change if the dog is not doing well but other wise thank your lucky stars you have found a food your dog likes, does well on and you can afford. Just enjoy your pet and spend time thinking about how else to enjoy your time together and forget about food.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Totally agree- stick with Chappie !!-We like it too
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Pita, I think Hectorsmum put him on chappie after he had bloat. Don't know what he was on before? Theres no reason why he can't eat the food he had before, unless of course he doesn't want it and I can't see a reason why he can't have chappie if thats what she wants to feed him on, but I gather from a previous post she doesn't. Some suggestions were made to try to be helpful on what she could feed him if she wanted to, like complete or naturediet. At the end of the day it is up to hectors' mum - and the dogs' of course
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 05:33 PM
please dont fall out over me.

the reason i put him on chappie was because he was fed this straight after his op at the vets, so i kept him on it, now he loves it ( i hate the smell) but its not what i like or want, its fussy pants.
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2006, 05:37 PM

Don't worry, I won't fall out with anyone - I hope I didn't come across too harsh, didn't mean to , sorry

How is fussy pants anyway Has his fur grown back yet?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by leospride View Post

Don't worry, I won't fall out with anyone - I hope I didn't come across too harsh, didn't mean to , sorry

How is fussy pants anyway Has his fur grown back yet?
That’s good, not sure why the out burst at my post, I just answered the question "should I keep him on Chappie or should I change". Most dogs who recover from bloat continue to have a sensitive stomach and I was saying don't risk a change for changes sake.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >