View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 07:53 PM
I feed the tripe variety and I'm very happy with it, the dog loves it too and looks great on it. I think it's an excellent 'middle of the road' wet food and I like that it contains no cereal fillers or artificial additives. Some of the non-tripe varieties do contain 'EC permitted' colourings and I don't as a rule get those, just my preference. When he was a pup he had Naturediet but it just got too expensive and tbh I'm just as happy to feed Butcher's for half the cost.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
thanks, was just wondering as its the first time ive ever used wet dog food and couldnt decide whats good and whats not, although my oh suggested weebox i knew i wouldnt be using that
Butchers is definitely the best tinned food you can commonly get hold of at places like supermarkets. Do steer clear of the dry food though as it's like a flipping rainbow and on a par with Bakers, i.e. junk food for dogs.

Oh, bless your OH. Webbox might be cheap, but because of the quality of the ingredients you end up having to feed more so it's not as economical as it might seem. Plus it's mainly grain rather than grain free as you are looking for. By the way, you are probably better sticking to the loaf in jelly Butchers as some of the fancier ones can have grain in them.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by DoKhyi View Post
Butchers is definitely the best tinned food you can commonly get hold of at places like supermarkets. Do steer clear of the dry food though as it's like a flipping rainbow and on a par with Bakers, i.e. junk food for dogs.

Oh, bless your OH. Webbox might be cheap, but because of the quality of the ingredients you end up having to feed more so it's not as economical as it might seem. Plus it's mainly grain rather than grain free as you are looking for. By the way, you are probably better sticking to the loaf in jelly Butchers as some of the fancier ones can have grain in them.
im using the chicken and tripe loaf, seamed the best when reading the ingredients
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 04:55 AM
One of my personal favourites.

I buy the foil trays to add to the ginger's mince for a bit of variety - they love it!

greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 09:02 AM
I se either Butchers tinned tripe mix or Naurediet, mine love the Butcher more i think
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Decent, affordable and easy to get hold of.

It is often on 'offer' at various supermarkets too so that's a bonus
Miranda53
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2011, 03:39 PM
My little dog has Butcher's Tripe Mix daily and seems to thrive on it.
doggirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2011, 09:41 PM
my dogs a loving butchers pro-vitality my asda has just got in £3 for 6 cans
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 10:39 PM
My lot have Butchers tinned mixed in with their CSJ. They love it!!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Same here, i mix it into both dogs food even Katio=e's renal diet. Before i added it to the renal diet she would more often walk away from her food. Her blood results show her condition

I would recommend it to anyone
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2