View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

05-05-2006, 02:59 PM
yeah, i just cover the tick in it and it then proceeds to turn white and die.lol

then thye either fall off or are easy to remove.

it works by preventing them breathing, as they use a series of air tubes rather then a set of lungs liek us.

apparently parafin works too.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron
yeah, i just cover the tick in it and it then proceeds to turn white and die.lol

then thye either fall off or are easy to remove.

it works by preventing them breathing, as they use a series of air tubes rather then a set of lungs liek us.

apparently parafin works too.
thanks ceiron, will give it a go
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I know this might be a silly question - but what exactly does a tick look like on a dog - is it big enough to see or is it small? Just need to know what to look out for.
Foxy you cant see the legs or head when they are on the dog, and they can quite easily be mistaken for a wart. Daisy had one recently and for days I thought she had a wart, because she does have a few warts, but it started to get fatter. If you look closely at it with a spy glass thing and push it to one side you can just see the legs moving. Horrible little things they are.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos
Foxy you cant see the legs or head when they are on the dog, and they can quite easily be mistaken for a wart. Daisy had one recently and for days I thought she had a wart, because she does have a few warts, but it started to get fatter. If you look closely at it with a spy glass thing and push it to one side you can just see the legs moving. Horrible little things they are.
Thanks for explaining Katiecoos They do sound horrendous - don't think any of our dogs have ever had them but then again we have a lot of fields round here but there is no livestock in them, because they can get them from sheep and cattle can't they?
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

05-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Thanks for explaining Katiecoos They do sound horrendous - don't think any of our dogs have ever had them but then again we have a lot of fields round here but there is no livestock in them, because they can get them from sheep and cattle can't they?

yeah generally they are found near cattle in long grass.
can carry a few worms and other horrible thingsa as story says, so regular worming and fleaing is important.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3