Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 07:02 PM

This was really hard - emotionally

I don't know if you all remember but last year (feb 2005) while out walking the dogs I found a dead man. At the time I didn't know who he was because I couldn't see his face. Reports in the paper gave his name and I realised I knew the man but I didn't do anything like go to the funeral or anything like that. Well about 4 weeks ago his daughter contacted me looking to rehome a dog. I knew she would need a homecheck and as she is nearest me it had to be me that did it. Anyway, when I called to make arrangements to go to see her she told me she knew it was me that found her dad. I asked if she still wanted me to come or did she want one of the others to go but she said she wanted to see me. I went there today and to say it was nerve wracking is an understatement. When I found the man he looked as if he was just sleeping crouched down with his arms folded but the report they have is he hung himself. So I told her what I found and how peaceful he looked and to be honest I think it may have helped her get some closure on what has happened. It was a very emotional meeting and although I was there at 1pm this afternoon I still feel emotional
Tracie
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2006, 07:10 PM
It must have been an emotionally draining meeting for you.

Though I'm sure that for her to know her Dad was peaceful in the end will have brought her some peace.

You're one in a million Tracie

Aileen x
parker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Must have been an awful shock for you to discover him.

I feel so sure that your visit has helped the mans daughter no end.

A friend of mines dad went shopping. He had a heart attack and died in / beside his car.

Things happen in funny ways.

The person that went to his aid was my friends work colleagues cousin.

It really helped her to know as much information as she could regarding the circumstances of her fathers death.

The description you have given is very peaceful and you sound as though you were very sensitive when you spoke to his daughter.

It's been quite a hurdle to overcome today .... if you're still feeling choked up, I recommend a damn good sob.

Take care and well done x
becktrek
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2006, 07:30 PM
What a dear soul you are. I hope this will bring you some closure as well.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Oh Scotbun you are so very brave, what a hard thing that must have been to do. But I do think you are right about the closure for her, and even for yourself too.

Well done xx
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 07:44 PM
ooo what an experience scotbun you really are unique
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Hopefully although obviously a stressful meeting for you both,it may now bring you both some peace.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 08:05 PM
That was so brave of you to go and speak to his daughter.

{{{hugs}}} to you
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2006, 08:05 PM
I've (co-incidentally) just read this article which you might find interesting. It sounds like a similar situation. It's quite long but the last couple of paragraphs are most relevant.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0...695873,00.html
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2006, 08:24 PM
It must of been very emotional for you and I think you are very brave.I hope it has been able to help you both. xxx.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >