register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Have you ever been bitten by a dog?
Yes -severely attacked/mauled 17 5.33%
Yes 213 66.77%
No 89 27.90%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Never while as a civilian. You kind of get what you deserve when you're looking for somewhere to stick your thermometer. That said, give me an upset dog over an upset cat any day. They are far easier to handle and restrain in my experience!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Michelle's just said that I should tell you all about the time that Onyx put me hospital for three days.

Well we were being stupid sods and mucking about in the park when he came running towards me at full speed, but because we were on grass he couldn't stop quick enough and he ended up head butted me in the crown jewels.

Well to say that the pain I then felt was excruciating has got to be the biggest understatement. Luckily for me the park is not that far from the house so I managed to drag myself home again, but that night the pain became so intents that Michelle had to take me up to the hospital as my grapes had turned into water melons, size wise.

Well it turned out that he had ruptured a minor blood vessel and luckily for me the swelling was just bruising.

Oh the joys of owning a dog. Yes I do now jump when he charges at me.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Bitten by a terrier cross - my aunties dog - age 7

Unprovoked attack - it was in the massive heatwave in 1977 (given my age away now LOL) - he was sat on my lap being stroked then just launched at my face - half my top lip was hanging off and also bit my bottom lip.

Had many operations during childhood to try to 'fix' and still have scars which are very prominant to me but not to others.

I have no idea why the dog did it and family members who were there didn't know why either. After the attack whilst we were getting in the car the dog tried to get in with us - not to attack but to come for a ride.

The dog was PTS.

It really didn't put me off dogs at all.

Also got caught in between two dogs fighting and my leg bitten but nothing too serious compared to the first attack age 7.

Dog not PTS as not intent on biting me.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I voted No because i have never been bitten. However my older brother has so ill give some details of that:

We were staying in Wales for a while, my brother was 5 years old and we were on a friends farm. Me & both my brothers were left to play with the dogs outside while mum and everyone else were indoors having a chat. My brother was playing ball with the dog (Collie) and after about 20 minutes the dog just launched at him. Ripping his cheek open and nearly catching his eye.

Border Collie

Id say it was the adults fault (all of them) as the dog had never been around kids

Yes the dog was put to sleep
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Nope not yet, I like a rough n tumble fights with mine and tug games but never bitten by my own or anyone else's. Ive seen a few attacks and all have been by collies. My nephew was my only relative to be bitten as he arrived at a relatives house their collie (working dog) was curled up but awake beside the step and as my nephew got to the step he stopped and said "ello doggie" it lunged straight for his face and bit him on the lips and cheek. My nephew was 3 or 4 yrs old, and didnt goto to the dog or touch just stopped beside and spoke. No previous aggression shown and no warning given (the attack was not savage and seemed to have been the warning) the dog was not PTS. I was nearly attacked by a family friends Spaniel now that I think about it. when I was a teenager it was uber friendly and knew me very well but did have moments where he'd go nuts (maybe sudden rage syndrome?) like he didnt know you and you had just tried to kill him nuts.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Never been bitten and i worked in a boarding kennel for 3.5 years.. a near miss with an ancient bichon cross was all..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 05:28 PM
My bite was quite recently. It was a White GSD male seven years old, he didnt go for me but the owner, as the owners young son was in the room and had made a dive towards his mum I had to get the dog out of the way to avoid him being hurt, the thread is on the fourm, think its headed
ouch shona had a close call with a GSD,

edited to say,,,guess im a bit of a fruad, the dog did its best to nail me but it didnt get the teeth through,,,I did have some nasty bruises though,,but no blood, sorry,
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2007, 05:32 PM
I went to Longleat to meet our Boxers mother.
I bent down & i was bitten on the nose.
I was 12 ish.
No she wasnt PTS
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Nope never been bitten but i'm sure it's only a matter of time considering my line of work (courier!)

Actually, there is this one house who own a crackpot JRT which they just let out when they open the door. It bit the toe of my shoe (I was wearing steel toecaps but unfortunately, it didnt break it's teeth) and just skimmed my ankles and got trouserlegs instead. I simply stood still as movement seemed to trigger it! I now warn the owners not to let the dog out otherwise I wont be responsible for my actions if it comes at me again.

This is the only dog i've ever had a problem with but it didnt bite me as such (just luck though!) so I still voted for never been bitten.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I forgot to mention the family old english she bit my leg when i went to take a bone off her but it was my fault for not warning her i was there, iwas 9 at the time xx

It seems ive been biten for everyone else ive got biten that often, but aside of the reason mentioned before ive not had a nasty boxer bite me, not yet anyways xxzbxx
Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »