View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Yeah I think it's meant to work better for keeping cats in, but have heard it's not too bad at keeping they out as well.

Let us know how you get on
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
You can get cat deterrent spray, but it doesn't last long. Anything citrus-smelling will do. Also, I have noticed cheetah hates the smell of toothpaste - so that might be worth trying.

Cat's are funny - that's the exact reason why Cheetah is an indoor cat... she's scared of nothing!

You've probably already seen this..

Now I have a three legged cat (who actually LOST the other leg to what we suspect was either a dog or a fox so should flipping know better) with a similar utter lack of respect for the canine-kind! Stupid moggy now delights in egging the greyhound ON to chase her - then turns the tables and chases the dog back!

I'd talk to the owner - explain that kitty seems to think it's Rambo and you're worried about the 9 lives not being sufficient - but I'd not object to someone squirting my cat with water to get it out of their garden - I'd rather that than anything else to be honest.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
we had to resort to squirting a cat with water after it kept going after the fish, the dog would go berserk but the cat just didnt care. So for the cats safety and that of my fish... we squirted the hose pipe near it, made a noise and shooed it off. Didnt see it again!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Ive heard pepper works well with cats but that was when we wanted my childhood cat to stop scrathing the sofa. Not sure how much use it would be outdoors
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2012, 12:01 AM
What age is the kitten? Technically speaking a kitten should be kept indoors until its 6 months, then spayed/neutered & microchipped before it is let outside. Maybe the neighbour has a dog and its used to them. Ours would have no fear of dogs as they live with two. A blast from a plant spray might be more effective.
LindsayP
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Neighbour doesn't have a dog, and yes, I think the kitten was too young to be outside, I think that's why other neighbours are carrying it back home, they think it must have escaped...knocked round a couple of times but haven't had an answer yet.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2