Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 09:58 PM

I've woken up so it must be breakfast time

Some of you may remember that I have huge problems getting Deccy to eat so he still looks a bit like a toast rack. This week for some reason he has been getting through all his meals .
Last night I "popped out" for an hour to drop my van off at a place where it is going in for a tarting up ready to sell it, so I was relying on the man taking it to give me a life back as there are no taxi's in deepest Ireland!!! I had fed the dogs, left the range on so the dogs would just go to sleep.
For reasons I had no control over, I didn't get back for ..... nearly six hours but that's another story.
Deccy was over the moon to see me and decided to "ask" for a meal! I made up his breakfast for the next morning, put it down to see if he meant it and he wolfed the lot! Clearly, after 6 hours sleep he decided it was morning and time to eat!
This morning (the official version) I struggled up bleary eyed and offered him another breakfast. He ate most of that, too!
Hopefully some of it will stick to his ribs although I am NOT getting up in the middle of the night to fool him into eating extra!
But if it does the trick....
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-10-2006, 10:56 PM
I doubt he was fooled Deccy do you think he might have been pining for his lost friend
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2006, 07:36 AM
Deccy I dare not get up during the hours of 12 and 4 because if I do my dogs think its morning and want feeding.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 08:24 AM
This week for some reason he has been getting through all his meals .
Funny you should say this as Milo my JRT normally won't eat unless you stay beside him, but this week he has been wolfing all his food down too and is deperatly asking for breakfast as I type. He has to wait though as I like my big girl to wait at least an hour and a half from her early morning run.

Lets hope it continues for you and that food finds its way to plump out that body
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Hmmmm.... tonight he is looking up from his still half full bowl with his ears pegged back and the "slapped puppy" expression which means he doesn't want it now, for some reason so I have removed it.
I had thought maybe the shorter days were triggering the instinct to stock up for the winter, but now we are back to square one.

Still, he's on target as long as he has his breakfast tomorrow. I'll have to think up some trickery to get him to eat it.......