Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 08:22 PM

Getting a puppy....

in approx 3/4 months!!!

gotta move house first. This gives me plenty of time to check out the breeders in my area.

was going to get another dog a while ago - but turned out the time just wasnt right

i want to do obedience and agility and a companion for me

i already have 2 border collies (black and white) so id love a blue merle

anyhow - the dog will literally be with me almost 24/7 - and i also have a horse

my other 2 hate the horse (believe me i have tried to let them get along) hence y im getting a pup.

anyhow - couple of questions::

how can i introduce a puppy to my horse (in a stable - cos he's on box rest) - so the pup is ok with the horse??? (horse loves dogs - actually he loves anything that pays me attention lol!)

Does anyone know of any breeders of blue merles in the north west??

this is probably a daft question but imasking anyhow - do blue merles all have one eye a blue colour?>? or do some have brown??

thanks in advance
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 08:28 PM
blue merles come with all different coloured eyes some with both blue some with one blue one brown some both brown my one boy has one blue and one brown with an inverted blue v so his eye can revert back to blue where as my other by has grey eyes which change to light brown
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Good luck with finding a new addition. Would love to see piccies of your other two Corriedhu sheep dogs sometimes have merle pups - they are in Scotland and have a website Also Bryning Border Collies in Lancashire sometimes have blue merles - they have a website too
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 09:13 PM
we have introduced a number of dogs to horses. first few meets pic up the pup and let him have a sniff face to face. tether the dog close enough but far enough so he can get used to the horses passing by and their size ect ect. once this is done and the dog is comfy around the horses take him into the stble (by the door) keep him on a leaseh and let them interact. slowly and gradually (IF you want your dog loose on the yard) let him off the lead for short supervised bursts and go from there!

Good luck!

sorry for bad spelling and lack of paragraphs! typing with left hand and feeding my baby with right!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Good luck with finding your puppy Suze, and with moving house of course!

Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post
sorry for bad spelling and lack of paragraphs! typing with left hand and feeding my baby with right!
Some good multi-tasking going on there
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Good Luck I hope you find a lovely pup x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

19-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Best of luck in your new house and in finding a puppy
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 10:23 AM
We recently had back a pup (now 3 years old) from one of our previous litters due to family getting divorced and the hubby threatening to sell the dog when the wife was at work, so she asked me to find a new home for the dog.

She actually went to the sister of a family that have had two pups over the years, her family own a farm and have horses.....it took the dog about 2 weeks to finally approach the horses without barking and now doesn't bother them at all, she follows her new owner and horses every morning at 5am for a 2 hour walk and same at the end of the day.

I'm sure that if a pup is introduced to a horse at an early age he/she will be fine.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Good luck with finding a new addition. Would love to see piccies of your other two Corriedhu sheep dogs sometimes have merle pups - they are in Scotland and have a website Also Bryning Border Collies in Lancashire sometimes have blue merles - they have a website too

HAve decided now it's either blue merle or black and white - ive contacted astra sheepdogs in scotland - some lovely dogs there - hopefully i will put my name down for a puppY!!!

have 2 post links at re-sizing pics!!!!!
my two - complete fruitcakes but wouldnt have them any other way!!!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...dogpics010.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...am/theteam.jpg
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Lovely, lovely dogs Love that second picture!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >