View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Very scary for you. You should report it. Probably the best person to contact is the beat officer for that area - there should be one and he/she will have local knowledge.
Take Care.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 11:45 PM
I have decided to call and report it in the morning, as i said earlier it wasn't the first time, plus the guy I eventually walked with and another women confirmed my suspicions.

The member i had a pm from earlier this evening told me that this guy is a real odd bod.

I very much doubt as Helen mentioned earlier anything will be done, but the more awareness the better. I may even mention it to the local newspaper.

I don't make a habit of walking the boys in the same place at the same time either, so routes will have to be changed, and I will not go up there alone.

Thanks for all your support, and please take care x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Just read this think you were definitely right to report it If the guy is totally innocent then he will not mind genuine questions (should the police be bothered to investigate) and the more people who are aware the better.

If nothing else they might advise the guyt to practice recall afterall he seems to lose his dog an awful lot!

Stay safe!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Back in the good old days, say about 10 years ago, our village had it's own bobby on a motorbike. We all knew him, we all chatted with him, and in those days, if we saw anybody suspiscious up on the Sussex Downs, he would go straight up there on his motorbike and investigate! Sadly, I never even see a policeman nowadays, not even a traffic cop in my neck of the woods!

Last year, we had a weirdo living up in the woods somewhere, and he terrorised a lot of dog walkers, one woman ran back to her car with her spaniel and he actually chased her all the way there! He then stood leaning on the bonnet shouting abuse at her coz she's locked herself in! This was a very remote spot up on Cissbury Hill, but she had her mobile phone and rang for her husband who went up there in his car and this man ran off. Well, when she reported this man to the police, they just took details, but did nothing!!!!!! Even though, they said they had quite a few reports from other dogwalkers!! No, they'd much rather wait until they have a proper case to deal with i.e. a rape or a murder imo! It's bl**dy madness! Their answer is "we can't go around arresting people just because they look or act suspisciously"!!! Why not??? They eventually did get hold of this chap though, but it took months!

At the moment we've got a flasher on a moped that we've got to watch out for!

Stay safe Tracy whatever you do, there's some right weirdo's about up at Cissbury I do know that, and you're not far as the crow flies are you, as I expect you're talking about the "clump" area?

I hope you reported this and I'm interested to hear what they said?
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Stay safe Tracy.

Do what Helena said, either find someone to walk with or don't go there.

{{{hugs}}} to you x
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2006, 07:27 PM
If in doubt report it ... I saw an old man grab a kid in the park a few years back, child kicking and sreaming etc .. I ran over and confronted the man .. it turned out he was her granddad but far from being upset .. he seemed pleased that a stranger would intervene in those circumastances...
what I'm saying is that if he has nothing to hide he will have no problem with being questioned about what he upto

Rachel
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 08:17 PM
The fact it made you uneasy enough to "worry" about it must have made you feel uncomfortable so you did the right thing there are some strange people out there so better safe than sorry. Take care I walk through Sutton Park and to be honest don't think twice about it but met a lady the other day who was totally nervous of walking anywhere in the park apart from the main paths.
Each to there own the key being be safe.
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2006, 08:57 PM
i would report it even if it is innocent at least your mind is at ease, im not saying he is a preditor but if he is then there will be children and vulnerable woman like yourself walking up there and he seems to just approach woman. please report it! i have been in the same situation when i was young.
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2006, 09:03 PM
im so pleased you reported it, if he was up to no good then he deserves to get locked up. that probably wont happen but believe me its the most scariest thing that can happen the guy who exposed himself to me and a friend didnt get arrested but everyone was aware of him and there wasnt another incident. these sickos should be put on a island and left
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 09:18 PM
I am a firm believer in GUT INSTICT. If something makes you feel uneasy inside trust your gut instict.

May sound weird but in my past it has proved to be right again and again.

Many years ago, came home from pub and put dog on lead and went for a 15 minute walk along a busy well lit road. Suddenly looked round and a man was about 100yrds away staring at me. I stood and stared and was quite annoyed and he then backed slowly into the shadows and i couldn't see him anymore, i can say it frightened the life out of me. I ran home and called the police and they came within minutes and took me very seriously, so it is worth reporting.

Hope it all goes well!!!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >